Custom Data Grabber Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber Gone :( very sad (1 Viewer)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
I am so unset that they not going to be any more Custom Data Grabber for my freesat mediaportal setup.

before this software it would take hours to get all the channels and tv guide date. so from now on I going to have to sort 200-300 channels.

I dont understand why this was never added to mediaportal it is a basic thing that is needed by all freesat/sky users. I dont if I will stick with mediaportal any more.. I dont what to go back to freeview just to get channels sorted and tv data.

Thanks to DJBlu for all the work you put in.

Look in to maybe media center with xbmc by the end of the year.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    I am so unset that they not going to be any more Custom Data Grabber for my freesat mediaportal setup.
    I quote DJBlu:
    I may add this to final releases but not to Alpha/Beta/RC's
    So, I don't think he said there would be no more. Maybe you read it differently?

I dont understand why this was never added to mediaportal it is a basic thing that is needed by all freesat/sky users.
    DJBlu never asked for it to be added. My understanding is that he was still working through the roadmap in his second post:
    Plan of Action

1. Series Link - Added
    2. Sky Italy Plugin - Added
    3. Foxtel Australia Plugin - Added
    4. Freesat EPG and series link into Scanner - Channel Scanner working, EPG to come[WIP]
    5. EIT Scanner Plugin, series link where available(freeview)
    5.1/2 Sky New Zealand Plugin.
    6. Scan() method into Custom Data Grabber, instead of having to tune to a channel.
    7. MHW1/MHW2 guide plugin.
    8. NagraGuide Plugin.
    9. MHEG5/Red Button, will need help with the MediaPortal and the Overlay, volunteers to my PM please :D
    10. Irradicate need for Custom Data Grabber plugin by adding code to TVServer.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

before this software it would take hours to get all the channels and tv guide date. so from now on I going to have to sort 200-300 channels.

I dont understand why this was never added to mediaportal it is a basic thing that is needed by all freesat/sky users. I dont if I will stick with mediaportal any more.. I dont what to go back to freeview just to get channels sorted and tv data.

Thanks to DJBlu for all the work you put in.

Look in to maybe media center with xbmc by the end of the year.

Not sure if you are aware but this brilliant plugin will have some new life very soon :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    da3dsoul [Request] An MVP Plugin example for custom settings in MP2 Plugin Development 2
    DHosein Adding Custom Artwork? My TVSeries 3
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27
    SpudR Custom filter for partially watched movies Moving Pictures 5
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    D EPG No Data General Support 2
    D [solved] EPG Data off by -20 hours? General 10
    W Setup data connection - mySQL connection failed Installation, configuration support 1
    emphatic How to get the right data for War Of The Worlds? My TVSeries 1
    T Freeview EPG-Anyone know what channel sends the guide data? Electronic Program Guide 10
    F No data in "File Details" Moving Pictures 2
    G Newb trying MP2, trouble with guide data General 5
    J EPG data recheck? Feature Requests 0
    B [solved] Where is the satellite data now? General 10
    T No data available using xmltv and mc2xml xmlTV 2
    M Importing movie data General 38
    T Media Portal 2 EPG data missing General 16
    P Multiple clients - share resume/watched data General 1
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    J Help with new grabber file. WebEPG 1
    A 1.24.0 CD art grabber not working in Shares view 1.24-1.26 Pre Release 17
    geotwticher TV Guide EPG Grabber for Australia 2020 RIP freepg.tv General 4
    C Grabbers broken General Support 24
    F My Films and .nfo grabber don't grab all the covers Newcomers Forum 0
    vuego Updated WebEPG grabber - Dagenstv.com Submit: EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails 1
    Top Bottom