Custom Data Grabber Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber Gone :( very sad (1 Viewer)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
I am so unset that they not going to be any more Custom Data Grabber for my freesat mediaportal setup.

before this software it would take hours to get all the channels and tv guide date. so from now on I going to have to sort 200-300 channels.

I dont understand why this was never added to mediaportal it is a basic thing that is needed by all freesat/sky users. I dont if I will stick with mediaportal any more.. I dont what to go back to freeview just to get channels sorted and tv data.

Thanks to DJBlu for all the work you put in.

Look in to maybe media center with xbmc by the end of the year.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am so unset that they not going to be any more Custom Data Grabber for my freesat mediaportal setup.
    I quote DJBlu:
    I may add this to final releases but not to Alpha/Beta/RC's

So, I don't think he said there would be no more. Maybe you read it differently?

I dont understand why this was never added to mediaportal it is a basic thing that is needed by all freesat/sky users.
    DJBlu never asked for it to be added. My understanding is that he was still working through the roadmap in his second post:
    Plan of Action

1. Series Link - Added
    2. Sky Italy Plugin - Added
    3. Foxtel Australia Plugin - Added
    4. Freesat EPG and series link into Scanner - Channel Scanner working, EPG to come[WIP]
    5. EIT Scanner Plugin, series link where available(freeview)
    5.1/2 Sky New Zealand Plugin.
    6. Scan() method into Custom Data Grabber, instead of having to tune to a channel.
    7. MHW1/MHW2 guide plugin.
    8. NagraGuide Plugin.
    9. MHEG5/Red Button, will need help with the MediaPortal and the Overlay, volunteers to my PM please :D
    10. Irradicate need for Custom Data Grabber plugin by adding code to TVServer.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

before this software it would take hours to get all the channels and tv guide date. so from now on I going to have to sort 200-300 channels.

I dont understand why this was never added to mediaportal it is a basic thing that is needed by all freesat/sky users. I dont if I will stick with mediaportal any more.. I dont what to go back to freeview just to get channels sorted and tv data.

Thanks to DJBlu for all the work you put in.

Look in to maybe media center with xbmc by the end of the year.

Not sure if you are aware but this brilliant plugin will have some new life very soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom