Custom fields and a batch launch (1 Viewer)

jazzor

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Hi guys and gals,

I was wondering if there is a way to launch a *.bat file right before the movie starts?
An if there is a way to use custom fields in the movingpictures database, which could be 'ECHO'ed in said .bat file?

Thanks for your answers!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @jazzor, can you eleborate on your actual end-goal purpose? You can for example use the HD external player and then pass %filename% and %fps% to your batch script. If that suits your need, then expanding the usage of other %values% is easier to ask for if you can explain a valid usage case that makes sense to the developers.

jazzor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    @RoChess:
    Okay, I'll try to explain: :)
    A friend and I want to try build a jukebox look-a-like htpc where we would have the possibility to choose the movies from within Mediaportal and the corresponding bluray or dvd gets automatically loaded and played.
    I thought, launching a .bat and passing a parameter (like the disk- d) to a control program for the jukebox itself would be the 'cleanest' way of doing the connection to the movingpictures database because it spare me a second database on the jukebox control. I'm not very into programming, my friend is more, but he never had anything to do with mediaportal, so I just had my thoughts :)

Last edited:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is currently no mechanism to do what you are asking jazzor, it would require a modification or fork of the plugin to make this happen. This is an extremely niche change so I doubt anyone on the team will spend time on this (but I will let others speak for themselves). So your best bet is probably to either fork or to try submitting a patch.

The jukebox is a neat idea for a HTPC built around nostalgia. I think a normal file server would be a better solution, but nostalgia can be a powerful thing. :p Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom