Custom Intros Variables (1 Viewer)

NKDigital

April 20, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been looking all over the forums, and can't seem to find an answer to my question, so please forgive me if this has already been answered in some thread I couldn't find.

I am wanting to configure the custom intros feature of MovingPictures. Ideally, this would trigger a sequence of pre-movie files: a trailer or two for upcoming releases (optional), a custom home theater intro (required), an audio format trailer (dts, Dolby Digital, etc) preferably with the option to play one based on the audio format (5.1, 7.1), and optionally a short video indicating the MPAA rating of the movie. Thus:

1: Trailer 1, 2, and 3 (optional)
2: Home Theater Intro
3: Audio Format Intro
4: Rating (optional)

It is my understanding that this is very possible with the right settings in MovingPictures, but I don't understand what the potential variables are so as to name the files accordingly. Specifically, I need the variables available to:

${certification}
${audiocodec}
${audiochannels}

I also need to know how the filenames should be formatted to trigger the correct video, such as a dts 5.1 trailer for most dts movies, DD7.1 for other specific movies, etc. I'd also like to know how to set it up to get multiple trailers to play in the correct sequence, such as [random upcoming trailers], home theater, audio format, rating.

Is this possible? Please help. If necessary, I could edit together parts 2, 3 and 4 into multiple files to fit the given circumstances, but I still don't know how to name the files or set it up in MovingPictures.

Thanks in advance,
Kehvan

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Start Menu -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> "User Files" shortcut -> "skin" folder -> open the skin folder you use -> open "Media" folder -> open "Logos" folder.

In here you will find a mix of audio/video/etc named pictures that will show you exactly how to name your files. So use "DTS ES.mp4" for an intro example to a movie that has that audio codec in use. You can use Moving-Pictures config otherwise to view the MediaInfo codec info in more detail inside the "Movie Details" tab, select a movie and then use the "file info" tab to get the detailed info. Match the filenames of your trailers to the corresponding fields.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah it's a shame you can't just run multiple seperate videos, although for me this is mostly a gimmick as i would probably fast forward if I had to endure multiple intros :-p

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Funny how most users turn away from trailers after having endured the 2nd part of the following image:

4369403959_fe90464b27_o.jpg

I used to have it all setup with custom intros as well and random trailers, but now I just manually use OnlineVideos to look at trailers and use Trakt trending system. Was just skipping them too much in the end to get to the actual movie.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    that is brillant[DOUBLEPOST=1366558058][/DOUBLEPOST]you need to add a clock saying wait additional 2 months in front of the Insert Retail DVD

NKDigital

April 20, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey all... Thanks for the pointers. I've been able to get audio format trailers (Dolby Digital, DTS) to play, but now I have another question along the same lines. I would like to play two trailers before a movie: one of a set of three custom theater intros based on rating, then one of a variable set based on audio format (in some case, like Dolby Digital, a random choice of seven different trailers for the same format). How can this be done? I've tried putting in a given filename for the custom intro followed by the variable to trigger a specific audio format [as E:\Intros\NKDigital-PG13.mpg; E:\Intros\{audiocodec}.m2ts], but this doesn't work at all. Can this be done and how?

Thanks in advance,
    Kehvan

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You just have to create multiple versions.

Not sure if the current setting supports folders, so you can do "C:\Intros\${certification}\${audiocodec}.mp4", but otherwise you just end up with "C:\Intros\${certification}_${audiocodec}.mp4"

There are only 5 MPAA ratings (G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17), so if you only go with say MP3, AC3, DTS.. then you have to create 15 total intros. You can then just re-use "G_DTS.mp4" as "G_DTSHD.mp4" (via symbolic link or copy file) or make more seperate videos, that is up to you. Merging "G.mp4" together with "DTS.mp4" is easy to do, either as-is with tools such as MKVMerge, or indirect with a video editor app such as Windows Movie Maker.

Granted support inside plugin for a 2nd or even 3rd intro with the same ${var} option would make it a lot easier, but at least you have a way to make it work now, as you might be waiting a very long time for such a specific feature to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom