Custom intro's (1 Viewer)

SitheSly

Portal Member
August 12, 2008
Home Country
England England
Hi all,

I have just found the custom intro feature, how cool is that!!!!

I am using the Dolby countdown as suggested by RoChess in the FAQ. Although working my way through the collection to see if there is anything else i like.

I have one problem, that is more likely down to the hdmi handshake between my amp and tv, but hoping someone might have an idea.

When i start a moving, first the intro plays then the movie plays, as planned, but the dynamic refresh changer switches the refresh rate at the start of the intro and then again at the start of the movie. It takes about 2 seconds for the rate to change and then the video starts just before the audio (still in sync) so really the countdown is at 8-7 seconds before i see anything.

My thinking is, is there a way to delay the start of both the intro and the movie?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    My thinking is, is there a way to delay the start of both the intro and the movie?

You might be able to tweak your codec setup or hardware/driver settings to allow the switching to happen faster. But if you are dealing with a delay that is simply not easy to get around, then you could use video-editing software (Lightworks for example) to edit the intro clip and add like an 8-second intro to the intro that is just like black screen with text "Initialising Receiver", or whatever floats your boat.

It won't work on the actual media file, and it is best to transcode/adjust your intro movie to match the majority of your mediafiles settings regarding framerate, so that the switchover from intro to movie will not cause another re-init.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom