tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
Hi all,

first of all, the specs:

MP 1.2.3
MyFilms 5
Skin: Default Wide

Now, I would like to have a custom main view as per attached image. The image is based on (I guess Guzzi's) image found on http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ms/Customizing_My_Films/Custom_Display_Fields . As you can see by comparing both images, two database items have changed: Duration instead of Year and Director instead of Producer. I managed to have both Director and Duration on the main view, but Duration stays on the bottom, instead of Country (and I would like to have Country too). Besides, in the details view Director appears twice. I guess this field is hardcoded in the details view, so if I add it as custom field in order to have it shown on the main view, it will appear twice in the details view. My question is simple (but the answer maybe isn't): what should I change in the xml in order to have a main view as per attached file?
Every suggestion is welcome.

Attachments

• CustomMainView.jpg
    CustomMainView.jpg
    240.7 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi tano_grasa,
    indeed, there are some fields "hardcoded" to display - and some are displayed as "user defined items" - the latter can be changed in setup or from GUI in options.
    If you want to change the hardcoded fields in the skin, you have to modify the skin files manually - it seems, that what you're after is not possible just by the inbuild mapping of user items - and you are right, year and director are hardcoded, followed by the 5 userdefined items.
    Main view skin file is "MyFilms.xml", details view is "MyFilmsDetail.xml".
    The hardcoded fields are in style "#myfilms.db.<field>.value" - e.g. "#myfilms.db.director.value"
    The user items are in style "#myfilms.user.item<x>.value" - e.g. "#myfilms.user.item1.value"
    If you need further help adapting the skinfiles, I am sure, some of the skinners can help you here.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    We already added duration to main window for 6.0 beta (after the year - same as it displays in Details window) so that might help you with 1 of those.
    We are also reworking the skin files for the new default skin in MP 1.3.0 alpha, so perhaps we can come up with a solution for Director.

In the meantime, you can add duration/runtime to MyFilms.xml by changing:
    <label>#myfilms.db.year.value</label> to <label>#myfilms.db.year.value - #myfilms.db.length.value #myfilms.db.length.unit</label>

And to hard code director in MyFilms.xml you can change:
    #myfilms.user.item2.label: to #myfilms.db.director.label:
    and
    #myfilms.user.item2.value to #myfilms.db.director.value

Hope that helps?

Last edited:

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Thank you very much Guzzi for the background information, and Dadeo for your useful tips. Now I managed to have both views exactly as I wanted to :)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Great you solved it !
    After internal discussion, we decided to improve that area to allow users separate settings for main and details screen, so with future release, you should be able to do that via setup or GUI and without tweaking the skin files - see issue 135 here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom