Custom menu entries with dynamic filters? (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I'd like to create custom menu entries with subs, but didn't find a way of doing it.

Maybe am I dumb, but if someone can help me on that one I would appreciate.

I organized my movies files in folders according what I think is their proper category, and would like to reproduce that in the moving pictures menu.

Example:

I have a share with all my movies, with subdirs per general genre:

V:\kids
V:\movies
V:\Anime

In kids, there are:

V:\kids\Animations
V:\kids\Disney

I created a movie filter called "Kids", then 2 sub filters for "Disney" and "Animations". The filters are "Full path" contains "kids\animations" and "Full path" contains "kids\disney".

This is working fine so far.

However, in my "Movies" folder, I have different sub categories: Action, Horror, Sci-fi...

And sub folders in there.

So, I for example have the X-men movies in:

V:\Movies\Sci-Fi\Marvel\X-Men

And of course all the other X-Men movies are in there as well.

What I'd like to do is to have a menu sequence like that, when entering the moving pictures plugin:

Movies -> Sci-Fi -> Marvel -> X-men

But with all movies not categorized as Marvel (or any other sub category I have created, because Marvel is an example, but I also have Alien, DC Comics, Star Wars, etc... at the same level) as a list when at the Sci-Fi level. Then seeing all Marvell entries when at Marvel level, then only X-Men if going to X-men submenu, or only Spider-man if in that menu, etc...

Something like:

Movies -> Sci-Fi:

I should see:

Marvel
Alien
Star Wars
All movies not part of one of the above categories

If I go in Marvel, I should see:

Iron Man
X-Men
Spider-Man
All movies not sub categorized (ie: Elektra, Dardevil, Hulk...)

I don't know if this is clear, just ask if it needs to be clarified ;-)

And obviously, I'd like to do that for all ma categories, like "Die Hard" in "Action", "Harry Potter" in "Fantastic", etc...

Anybody knows how to achieve that?

How, and second question: Is there a way to export those definition and import them back in another MePo install? I'm renaming/validating all my fiules on one machine, but need then to reimport everything in the MePo in the living room - so not having to recreate multiple maybe complex filters would be nice...

Thanks in advance for any suggestion/solution!

Felix

chilipotato

December 4, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
not sure what it does.. but sound as this would help you by click on "Add Menu Item to Top level"?
New_menu_popup.png

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

To do what you want (which is perfectly possible) in MovingPictures.

In config GUI, tick 'organise movies by categories' and drop into Define Movie Categories.

In editor, click + and add Dynamic Menu Item, type is Media Label, set as Top Level, then rename accordingly - is SciFi.
    Now you can add level below, same process, so you get SciFi -> Marvel.
    Now add level in Marvel as above SciFi->Marvel->X-Men, then IronMan, etc etc....

Continue until you've built your structure, adding kids are new top level, then sub level(s) as needed.

Now the hard part - creating the filters for each group - the filters are created at bottom level. Using mix of rules (Full Path contains and Fill Path Does Not contain are most powerful in your set up) plus explicit include/exclude of single movies should give you what you want.

You can (close MePO 1st) copy the database [c:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/Mediaportal/database/movingpictures.db] to new machine. You MUST also copy the thumbs/MovingPictures directory as well, as you may have images, but the files names are in the DB structure, and you cannot assume naming will carry between systems.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom