Custom Move Categories (1 Viewer)

crankshaft

Portal Member
December 27, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi all,

I'm just in the process of setting up my new HTPC and am giving MP2 a try.

I'm trying to replicate something I had in MP1 with the MovingPictures plugin were when I went into my movies I'd see 2 custom categories called Kids and Movies, then the usual array of new, unwatched, etc.

Going into the kids category would then only display movies stored in "\\nas\kids" and selecting movies would only show "\\nas\movies".

I've got something nearly there but it's not right!

Any idea if this is possible yet?

Cheers

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Any idea if this is possible yet?
    You can use the "Browse media" module to have "kids" and "movies" separated as this is reflecting the file system structure. But this probably is not exactly what you are looking for.. The "final" solution for this (and a wide range of other) use case will be the "custom filters" feature. Bud sadly this is not ready jet, only on our (very long) "todo- list...

crankshaft

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for your quick reply Lehmdem,

That's the sort of solution I found! Biggest problem with that is I don't see cover art on each folder, only when you actually open that folder. Some of the kids are too young to read so only know what they want to watch by the artwork. Don't want to risk them sticking on Human Centipede by accident!!!

Think I'll have to stick with MP1 for now :-(

Cheers

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    now what they want to watch by the artwork.
    Only a matter of how you've prepared your media... Here is a screenshot from the "Browse Media" (in German language it's called "Medien Durchsuchen") view in my Music concert and documentary section. None of them is having any online metadata like regular movies. But nevertheless it's looking pretty nice if you prepare it properly:
    Zwischenablage-10.jpg

crankshaft

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Home Country
    That is looking good, which skin is that?

For the kids stuff metadata is not really important.

I'll keep at it I think, couple of weeks until the final parts arrive and at the moment I'm running it from Windows To Go so it's easy to switch back.

crankshaft

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Hey all, can anyone tell me if custom filters are a thing yet please? I keep checking from time to time but could have easily missed that being added.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom