Custom Pause screen/message/animation (1 Viewer)

bartkoopman112

Portal Member
September 15, 2010
Hi there,

I'm using MP for over a year now, it's excellent! Together with the streamedMP skin it realy looks amazing and works like a charm!

Yesterday I've found the custom intro option, and i'm rendering a intro for over 12 hours now, so that would give something personal to the movie experience.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a custom pause screen in the movie. So when I press the pause button, the screen doesn't show a still of the present scene but just a blank screen with my own message or even a small animation while the movie holds invisible at the background. And if it's possible how to achieve this..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi there,

I'm using MP for over a year now, it's excellent! Together with the streamedMP skin it realy looks amazing and works like a charm!

Yesterday I've found the custom intro option, and i'm rendering a intro for over 12 hours now, so that would give something personal to the movie experience.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a custom pause screen in the movie. So when I press the pause button, the screen doesn't show a still of the present scene but just a blank screen with my own message or even a small animation while the movie holds invisible at the background. And if it's possible how to achieve this..

Just modify your skin to adjust the pause screen. I've modified my own for example to show the weather and other information, and after a certain time I make the entire OSD dissapear (this allows me to pause and read very short subtitles for example, without OSD overlapping). Check the MediaPortal wiki page on skins on how to learn how to modify yours. This is not for the faint of heart, so if you have trouble with this, you could see if a skin developer is willing to assist you (but they are probably hard at work on something else).

Another option would be to rely on the screensaver system with a short duration, which instead of blanking the screen you could configure to show a custom method as well (mine goes black if screen is paused for more then 3 minutes). Sky is the limit then, because you can use an existing SCR (screensaver) file, or go crazy and make your own. It would even be possible to play random video files, so you can have like random movie trailers play.

Quick Google search for example gives me: How To Use A Video File As Screensaver In Windows?

bartkoopman112

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    A that's a clever idea! I'm going for the screen saver option first, that's the easy way I gues! I think I remember the option to turn the screensaver of while being in the menu(have to check the preferences for that), if that's true, the screensaver pops up only when the movie is paused! Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom