Custom regular expression request (1 Viewer)

Manuel Longo

January 16, 2013
Home Country
Malta Malta
Hi all,

I am using Ember Media Manager to arrange my tv show/movie collection. The movie side is fine but it won't scrape my tv shows as I don't use the "standard" naming convention. This can be arranged with the proper regex expression. I have tried all sorts but it just won't work. Somebody in xbmc forum sent me here....is it the right place ?

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi all,
    I am using Ember Media Manager to arrange my tv show/movie collection. The movie side is fine but it won't scrape my tv shows as I don't use the "standard" naming convention. This can be arranged with the proper regex expression. I have tried all sorts but it just won't work. Somebody in xbmc forum sent me here....is it the right place ?

This is for MP-TVSeries plugin to catalog and watch your TV shows with.

Need detailed examples of the folder+filename structure you have in use, and you might want to go over the exchange thread (you are in the request one now), as your structure might have already been covered and a parsing expression provided.

Manuel Longo

January 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi,

Thanks for reply....err, where is the exchange thread ? Another thing - you also asked for the file structure I am using ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for reply....err, where is the exchange thread ? Another thing - you also asked for the file structure I am using ?
    1. = https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/expressions-rules-exchange.21977/
    2. = Yes, please provide full relative folder+file examples of what is failing, example "X:\TV Shows\Some Silly Show\Season 1\Episode 1.mp4" with MP-TVSeries import path of "X:\TV Shows\", creates a relative example of "Some Silly Show\Season 1\Episode 1.mp4". This is what is provided to the parsing expression so it has to be coded for that situation.

Manuel Longo

January 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Great thanks...I did find a siutable expression :

Type: Parsing - Regex

Description:

Here is the path for my TV Episodes where the '01' is episode #:

D:\Movies\TV Series\J.A.G\Season 10\01 A New Life.avi
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Man vs. Wild\Season 5\01 Baja Desert.avi
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Sea Patrol\Season 3\01 Catch and Release.avi

Use the code below to import. Thanks RoChess for the solution.

Code:
    Code:
    \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*)

I changed it slightly (took off \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\) and tried it using Expresso (http://www.ultrapico.com/Expresso.htm) and it works but Ember expects 2 expressions (folder & file). I split the expression : Season\s(?<season>\d+) for season and (?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*) for file, but it doesn't work....any idea why ?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    but Ember expects 2 expressions....it doesn't work....any idea why ?

I don't use Ember, perhaps you should ask at the Ember forums. Expressions shared here work perfect for MP-TVSeries, so that's all I can verify.

Another solution is to use 3rd party rename tools that will give you the ideal-supported structure of "X:\Some Silly Show\Season 1\Some Silly Show - S01E01 - Some Silly Episode.mp4". There are many tools available, some will even make queries with TheTVdB to get any missing information.

FileBot, TheReNamer, MediaRenamer, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom