Custom rename database system (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    First: Thanks once again for this great script. I have not trued this latest version yet, but I will once I begin installing 1.2 RC on my HTPCs.

I have a suggestion though. Would it be possible to have support for 2 of those custom name files? That way we could have one official file which would be the one in the main OP of this thread.

And a second one where people could have their own additions?

Then we could have the official one located in a dropbox or skydrive or something we can sync from and have it sort of auto-update that file from there?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.3

I have a suggestion though. Would it be possible to have support for 2 of those custom name files? That way we could have one official file which would be the one in the main OP of this thread.

Then we could have the official one located in a dropbox or skydrive or something we can sync from and have it sort of auto-update that file from there?

zicoz, this is already supported and is exactly what the Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml is used for.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

First: Thanks once again for this great script. I have not trued this latest version yet, but I will once I begin installing 1.2 RC on my HTPCs.

That is already implemented to some extend in the new edition. You can use the "C:\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml" file for your own entries. They are processed 'after' the default "C:\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file, so you can not only add your own entries, but also overrule any default (re)naming you do not agree with.

And the plugin I'm working on is not just to adjust the settings (that part already works), but will auto update the scraper itself inside MovingPictures *and* update the default rename file. I'm just not very versed in C#, so it is taking me a long time to get everything to work, but I got some help now from other developers, so hopefully will be done soon. It is meant for MediaPortal v1.2beta+, but with v1.2RC1 released today, more and more users will soon update anyway.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

That is already implemented to some extend in the new edition. You can use the "C:\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml" file for your own entries. They are processed 'after' the default "C:\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file, so you can not only add your own entries, but also overrule any default (re)naming you do not agree with.

And the plugin I'm working on is not just to adjust the settings (that part already works), but will auto update the scraper itself inside MovingPictures *and* update the default rename file. I'm just not very versed in C#, so it is taking me a long time to get everything to work, but I got some help now from other developers, so hopefully will be done soon. It is meant for MediaPortal v1.2beta+, but with v1.2RC1 released today, more and more users will soon update anyway.

Ah that sounds awsome thanks once again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom