[TV] Custom tuningparameters folder for personal change (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Started on: 2013 07 24
    last update: **-**-**

Summary:
    All Tuning parameters are stored in Folder
    ../TVServer.Base/TuningParameters/dvbip/Germany.T-Home.m3u

but at each update of MP, folder is cleared, and we lost all custom tuningparameter.
    We can't have

../TVServer.Base/TuningParameters/dvbip/ (For official update)
    ../TVServer.Base/CustomTuningParameters/dvbip/ (For Custom storage and never deleted)

@mm1352000

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I have no interest in doing this. I want to encourage people to submit tuning detail updates (so they become official), not keep custom details for themselves.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i'm agree with you, i want only have playlist file who are not inside MP install are not deleted with update

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i'm agree with you
    So what are you asking for? It sounds like you are asking for something different.

To be clear, I don't understand why it is necessary for people to have custom tuning detail or playlist files. If they have such files and they get deleted... well, that is a good encouragement to submit them for inclusion in MP.

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I disagree...
    A lot of network tuners like Anysee N7 or AVM Fritz DVB-C rely on dvbip filter in Mediaportal, since they output .m3u files with streams in them. They would only be relevant to the person's local network configuration, so no need to share right?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I disagree...
    A lot of network tuners like Anysee N7 or AVM Fritz DVB-C rely on dvbip filter in Mediaportal, since they output .m3u files with streams in them. They would only be relevant to the person's local network configuration, so no need to share right?
    Good point.

Do you have a network tuner?
    I'm just wondering if it would be possible to detect such tuners as DVB-C/S/T [which would use standard tuning details] rather than using custom m3us [which are often more difficult to setup]. That is what TVE 3.5 does for SAT>IP network tuners...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I disagree...
    Good point.

Do you have a network tuner?
    I'm just wondering if it would be possible to detect such tuners as DVB-C/S/T [which would use standard tuning details] rather than using custom m3us [which are often more difficult to setup]. That is what TVE 3.5 does for SAT>IP network tuners...
    I have a Triax TSS-400 as you know i had to setup custom m3u file to get mine working with mediaportal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a Triax TSS-400 as you know i had to setup custom m3u file to get mine working with mediaportal.
    Yes, I'm aware. If you had used TVE 3.5 you would have seen that the tuner would have been recognised as a satellite tuner, and you would not have had to setup a custom m3u.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep i agree and would of chose that route had it not been for the requirement of using mp2 as my client because for me personally it's not near ready yet for everyday family use.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's fine... but TVE 3 is under code freeze. My point is that even if a custom tuning detail folder were added, I think it would only happen in TVE 3.5... but in that case you have no need for custom tuning details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom