CVS Builds for 0.1.3.0 (1 Viewer)

gwiley

Portal Member
October 24, 2005
Any more CVS builds for 0.1.3.0? The latest posted is 9/1/05 and since I upgraded the recording hesitates and sputters and has something to do with timeshifting being enabled...so I don't think it's stable yet.

Are all the developers now concentrating on 0.2.x and 0.1.3.0 is done? Because I can't even get 0.2.x to use my AVermedia PVR-150 Plus card...just blank TV.

So, what's the plan, Stan?

Just curious 'cause I love Media Portal and would like to see it be a very stable program!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    CVS builds are just on going builds. The cvs builds for 0130 stopped because after that date build 0200RC1 unofficially released and from then further cvs builds are under 0200. Its exactly the same code its just further developed.

You can try 0200 + cvs and see how that goes but from personal experience 0130 + 26/8 cvs is the best build Ive used by far. It was the last day before the major work on the dvb tv engine began.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    if you have a DTV card then any CVS for .1.3 after 24/8 and any .2 CVS before about a week ago will give you a lot of problems with Timeshifting and genereal stability.

These periods were when the change was made toi record Transport Streams, rather than DVR-MS.
    The Microsoft version of the TS engine is not the best so it was decided to switch back to DVR-MS format for the CVS and work on a new MP designed TS engine in the back ground.

I stayed on v.1.3 for this reason but switched to v.2 recently and I love it. The devs have done some great work on this and I had no real issues with the DVR-MS format anyway.

gwiley

Portal Member
    October 24, 2005
    Thanks,

I found the version I'm using now (8/26 see signature below) works pretty well. No jerky-ness when I move the mouse (after changing the Video Renderer).

Just a few quirky things that might take erasing the whole directory and starting it over. I'm having trouble recording two shows at the same time even though I have to TV Tuner cards (well, three now...and I can't record three shows at the same time.)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I'm having trouble recording two shows at the same time even though I have to TV Tuner cards (well, three now...and I can't record three shows at the same time.)

I beleive there are still problems with this as even in the newest builds I cant either. There were a few threads on it a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom