CVS tagged with release #, please? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Could whoever does "official" releases tag cvs with release #, please? It makes the life of new developers easier, especially when something suddenly stops working with a new release.

A

Anonymous

Ok, I was looking at why Unicode worked in 0.0.0.9 and stopped working after that, so I looked at the CVS history of guilib/GUIFont.cs.

The only tags I can see are "Root-of-JohnAd-27-10-04" and "JohnAd-27-10-04-branch" - nothing resembling release number (0.0.0.9 for example). And I did a clean checkout from the HEAD

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    vbich means tags in CVS. Its a CVS feature. If you make a tag on a specific moment you can later checkout that tag again and you get all the files that have that tag.

@vbich you can also checkout by date, this might not give you the exact set of files that was used for 0.0.0.9, but it will probably be close enough.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Mr.Mitchell, this is what I did and since I did not need to do a build, just to look at changes, that was enough. I still think it is a useful feature and it takes virtually no time to do.

Sorry, MrMario64, I thought I was clear enough :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Fixed. This happen only if you use MadVR. Backup and copy core.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal core.dll based on 1.31 final MediaPortal version.
    Fixed. This happen only if you use MadVR. Backup and copy core.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom