Cyberlink / PowerColor remote mapping for MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

brainbone

Portal Member
August 14, 2006
After searching the forums here and elsewhere, I was never able to find a reasonable solution for mapping the Cyberlink remote (manufactured by "TopSeed") that comes with the Sapphire and PowerColor ATI Theatre 550 Pro capture cards. Most suggest using Girder, or to use it to club spiders. I could only get Girder to map to normal keystrokes, not allowing me to use the more advanced remote function mapping features in MediaPortal, and I'd prefer not to use it as a spider club.

What did find, however, is that the free AutoHotKey along with an HID Plugin, and a small bit of Autohotkey scripting, I was able to map the more important buttons, such as "EPG", "LiveTV", and so on, to functions that are available in MPs "General HID" remote.

What you'll need:
A) AutoHotKey
B) The HID "Plugin" for Autohotkey
C) A slightly modified version the "RemoteControl.ahk" autohotkey script, and custom "GeneralHID.xml" for MediaPortal (here)

What to do:
1: Install Autohotkey
2: Copy the "AutohotkeyRemoteControl.dll" to an appropriate folder, like "C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey"
3: Copy the "RemoteControl.ahk" from the cyberlink_formp.zip to the same folder as step 2.
4: Copy the "GeneralHID.xml" file from the cyberlink_formp.zip to "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\custom" or wherever is appropriate for your MediaPortal installation.
5: Double click on the "RemoteControl.ahk" file in step 3 to get the Autohotkey script running.
6: Run MediaPortal Setup, select "Remote" from the tree, and "General HID" from the tab. Check the box next to "Use general HID device". Click "OK"
7: Run MediaPortal, and test the remote.
8: Post back here with any problems/solutions you have, so others trying to use this remote can be helped.

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Thanks, in case my MCE remote get broken I will be able to use you my Cyberlink Sapphire Theatrix remote :) (not used atm) Thanks for the nice install description.

brainbone

Portal Member
August 14, 2006
Well, hopefully it's of some use -- even if someone just pops in to let me know a better way to do it.

Few notes on how I set up the buttons, should anyone actually try this:

"Info/EPG" will toggle between the TV Guide and the previous window. (Press it once while watching TV Full screen and you'll view the guide. Press it again, and you'll be back to TV – something I could never get working with Girder.)

"LiveTV" will toggle between the TV menu and TV Full screen.

"SAP" will bring up the context menu. I didn't have another use for SAP, so sorry if this isn't what you'd prefer it be for.

"Radio", "Video", "Pictures", "Music", ect. should all bring you to their respective menu -- however, I don't use those sections much yet, so let me know if anything is wrong here.

Other buttons, like DVD Menu, Angle, etc., should perform their respective action.

On a side note, I just put a shortcut to "RemoteControl.ahk" in the startup folder (Start->All Programs->Startup) to make sure the script is running after restart.

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My spider club could have been useful after all. :D

Thanks for the instructions, I will be sure to point Jhaedee here to figure out how to use his new remote. This should make him (and many others) happy.

zcubed

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
oh thank u. u have saved my life. i was looking for the same thing cause i just got the powercolor card and remote yesterday. glad i looked at the forums. i suggest u submit this as a proper plugin. it could help lots of ppl to save themselves from the dreaded cyberlink powercinema. i still have to try it out but ill get back to u on what i think. maybe u could make several configuration files? that would be awesome. thanks again.

zcubed

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
sweet...

all the buttons u have discussed work perfectly. i just have 2 requests. if it is possible can u assign the home button at the top of the remote open mp? currently when i press the home button my internet browser opens up and so does cyberlink(i still have to uninstall it). Also can u assign a button such as 'clear' or 'teletext' to 'fullscreen' mp and 'window' it?

brainbone

Portal Member
August 14, 2006
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll see what I can do on the "home" button and reassigning the others, or at least mapping them to something you can easily reassign.

jvc2000

September 7, 2006
Really thanks for your input.

I have tried and all seems work accordingly except the 'music' button. The MP does not change to 'music' when i press it.

zcubed

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
yea the 'music' button doesnt respond in mine either. never tried it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom