Cyberlink video codec has dissappeared! (1 Viewer)

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
No idea what has happened, some very strange behaviour with MP in the past few days. My cyberlink video codec has disapeared from the options for h.264. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling cyberlink but it just doesnt appear - audio and standard mpeg2 video codecs still show up though.

Is there any way to force it to appear? It means I cant watch HD channels at the moment :( Thanks.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    By any means did you update the PowerDVD9? As it doesn't allow H264 codec to be used by 3rd party applications.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Is this the trial version of PDVD9, the fully paid for version of this will not allow access to the h.264 codec, not even certain if it expires after a period of time in the trial :(
    PowerDVD8 does not seem to have this happen :)

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi, sorry I should have mentioned. Its powerdvd 7. I did install a patch...maybe i should try again without the patch. Only problem is its going to keep bugging me every time i run the program? Hmm...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi, sorry I should have mentioned. Its powerdvd 7. I did install a patch...maybe i should try again without the patch. Only problem is its going to keep bugging me every time i run the program? Hmm...

Why don't you download the PDVD9 trial, install and never activate it, this will allow you to run PDVD7 as it's own application and supply the 9 version codecs to MP

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2007
    Home Country

Why don't you download the PDVD9 trial, install and never activate it, this will allow you to run PDVD7 as it's own application and supply the 9 version codecs to MP

Eh? What advantages do the new codecs have and how would this work if the version 9 codecs dont appear in MP anyway?

Also, I use PDVD7 because it still allows hd-dvd...i think theres a hack in the newer versions to get it working but im unsure. So, if i install the trial, it wont wipe over the current PDVD7? And never timeout? :)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    The latest trial version of PowerDVD9 doesn't allow you to use it's H.264 decoder in other applications either. :(

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok...installing PDVD7 but NOT the patch when it asks you to seems to be the way to go.

Interested in this PDVD9 business that PD speaks of but not if its going to render me codecless again :(

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Is it possible to have more versions of powerdvd installed?

By the way is there a good alternative to powerdvd codec for h.264 hardware decoding in tv section (since mpc-hc does not work with tv)?

Roby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom