Cyberlink video codec has dissappeared! (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not able to register the "cl264dec.ax" file in windows register. I've tried to run this file in regsvr.32, but with no luck (no "pop-up" confirmation screen). The other two files was registered without any problems.

Anyone who can help me?

Andraves

Thats the problem with the latest H.264 version, Cyberlink have disabled it's use outside PowerDVD. You need an older copy of PowerDVD9 or PowerDVD 7/8 without the latest update. I use a copy from a trial of PowerDVD I downloaded back in December.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My experience with XP -> For live H264 HDTV i use PDVD8 Ultra updated to version 2217aU.
    More recent updates prevent PDVD8 working within MP

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Eh? What advantages do the new codecs have and how would this work if the version 9 codecs dont appear in MP anyway?

The picture quality on my HTPC running Powerdvd 7 rev 4617A is just as good as a new system I built using the latest version 9. Just seems to be more security and keys incorporated in the newer versions.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Appears that the latest update to PowerDVD7 has removed the directshow filters and prevents you registering them manually.
    Also broke the ability to actually uninstall PowerDVD.

In the end I re-installed the original PowerDVD7 from CD just for the codecs and left as was without any updates (I use TMT for BD playback).
    I believe it is possible to install and then copy video codec folder somewhere else and register manually so you can have an up to date PowerDVD and still use the older filters in directshow

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I extracted the CLVsd.ax file from the PowerDVD 9 trial via a technique found in the forums. Never installed PDVD9 as I too can't stand Cyberlink products anymore. Bought Arcsoft TMT3 for BluRay and HD playback.

The main thing I noticed with the PDVD9 codec is a very noticeable improvement in the audio level and quality in h.264 playback (live HDTV also).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom