-d (# of days) argument for zap2xml to get tvguide.com data -- anyone doing this? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So IS this all an artifact of an old version of xmltv not interpreting the file correctly?
    Given the information you've provided, my opinion is: no.
    I suspect the problem is now one of the following:
    1. You haven't configured the XMLTV plugin to load the correct file, OR...
    2. The XMLTV file is not valid (and therefore not loadable) because of the previously identified blank display-name problem or some other.
    On the subject of point #1: remember that when you change the location of the file, you have to go out of the XMLTV plugin then re-enter it in order for the setting change to be picked up. Otherwise you're just going to be loading the previous file. It's quite easy to get confused if you're messing around with multiple files.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Oh yeah? You say I might be confused? Well I challenge you to a duel ! Tell your people to call my people to work out the intercontinental details.
    (I HOPE everyone recognizes that this is a JOKE!!)

Or maybe you're right again. Here is my entire procedure:
    There is one directory used for all zap2xml operations, MP EPG 2 [MP EPG was used for Schedules Direct via mc2xml]
    There is one tvguide.xml file in MP EPG 2
    The tvguide.xml file is generated by one zap2xml command, either with or without the -z argument, otherwise identical
    The zap2xml command is run from one scheduled task every morning at 5:04am.
    The scheduled task is set to start in MP EPG 2
    MP xmltv plugin points to MP EPG 2 for it's tvguide.xml file
    Every time I add or remove the -z argument, I do the following:
    0) run the scheduled task manually the first time, checking completion status
    0.1) verity a new tvguide.xml was generated
    1) go to xmltv and force import to get the channels
    2) load mappings, and add/correct as needed
    3) save mappings
    4) force import again to get programs for the channels
    5) go see what happened.

I have posted a tv.log which shows xmltv grinding away on a tvguide.xml which was generated from tvguide,com (as shown in the log)
    I have posted a tvguidesav.xml which was generated from tvguide.com data (as shown in the file) [I 'corrected' 3 or 4 empty channel name fields -- search for the TOON channel and see 4th field where I inserted Too for example -- this kind of thing allowed xmltv to process the file]
    There is no zap2xml log (other than the tvguide.xml file) that I can find.

It is perfectly OK if you don't want to look at this -- but if you do.
    What else can I provide?
    Where did I go wrong?

maso

Portal Member
    August 11, 2012
    Home Country
    I've been fighting my own EPG issues this last week, but something I discovered might be pertinent here:

Zap2xml's changelog shows that they had to update on Jan 8 2018 due to zap2it.com changing their output format.
    My zap2xml script quit working and I had to update.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Right - I (and others?) told the author about the zap2it change.
    With regard to tvguide.com, it started working fine for several days, then back to the number of program days decreasing 13-12-11-10-9. for no obvious reason. Switched back to zap2it, and all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom