MP2 - Spring'16 D3D Error - Live TV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I haven't had chance to test on an Intel client, I'll try and do that tomorrow.

One thing I have noticed, which your DLL might fix(?), is that with the MIA build, I can not turn off the subtitles from the menu when the channel is being displayed (where as with the Aug MP2 build I could).

I'll switch back to the MIA build and test your DLL now :)

Thanks again...

J.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I'll switch back to the MIA build and test your DLL now
    I'm not sure if the dll will work with the MIA build, it should work with the weekly build. Can you please test it with the Aug weekly?
    One thing I have noticed, which your DLL might fix(?), is that with the MIA build, I can not turn off the subtitles from the menu when the channel is being displayed (where as with the Aug MP2 build I could).
    The MIA build contains the subtitle refactoring from morpheus_xx. If you can't turn of the subtitles there, then its a different issue :rolleyes: I'll take your sample and test it with the subtitles refactoring, thanks for reporting!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I've just tested with the MIA build....

After a few weird results and several restarts, I no longer have subtitles!!! :D

I can now enable and disable them via the menu when watching a channel and also enable/disable via the settings screen.

One thing I'm not sure about (design-wise), is that I would have thought the setting via the channel menu would be specific for that channel only (and lost up on channel change), and the setting via the player setting screen should be global and persistent? But it appears when I enable/disable via the channel menu it is changing the player setting globally/persistently. Maybe there is only one setting for subtitles, but different ways of enabling/disabling it.

Great work anyway :D

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Me again :)

I have just tested your DLL with the Aug build (non MIA) and it works great too - I can enable and disable the subtitles :D

I will hopefully do some testing on an Intel and another AMD client this evening.

Thanks,

J.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I no longer have subtitles!!! :D
    I would never thought someone would be happy about not having subtitles! :p
    the setting via the channel menu would be specific for that channel only (and lost up on channel change)
    No, it doesn't work this way and I doubt its even possible (without much effort) to implement it.
    and the setting via the player setting screen should be global and persistent?
    Its the same setting as in the channel menu.
    Maybe there is only one setting for subtitles, but different ways of enabling/disabling it.
    Yes, and I also learned this recently.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi again,

I tested on an Intel client (Atom 3700 series), but only with the MIA build (didn't have time to test with the Aug version) and it also experiences the same issue with subtitles where the video would freeze (same errors in the log as above).

As expected, I applied your updated DLL and I can turn off the subs (obviously doesn't fix the underlying issue with the DX error).

I will try and test with the non MIA build on the Intel and also test on another AMD GPU client.

J.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom