killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.12.0

Description
hi,

I'm using mediaportal 1.13 pre release with a patch from this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/subtitle-not-automatically-turned-on.132847/. A few times now it crashes out of nothing. One time this afternoon I opened the menu while watching a tv show, the other time I opened the guide when watching tv I think.

I'm using a Nvidia GTX 970 with the newest drivers 359.06 with Windows 10(latest updates). I think this behaviour started after the big windows 10 update of last week and update of the nvidia drivers. But i'm not really sure about this.

When it crashes the sounds keeps working but the video shows a part of the screen which is black and everything else hangs. Sometimes Windows reports mediaportal as crashed but sometimes it thinks it still works. Another time whole mediaportal closed when clicking the menu button after the "hang".

I've included a full watchdog dump hopefully you can find any problem and fix it. If any further information is needed I will provide this.

Steps to Reproduce:
No real steps, it happens out of nothing sometimes

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you, I guess I should have done a better forum search next time. Will share my experience in that topic as well maybe it will help.

For now I will just downgrade my GPU drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom