Daemon Tools + ISO + UNMOUNT (1 Viewer)

ronysrei

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Im having some trouble with daemon tools.

Everything works fine when I play the .iso file with Moving Pictures...
If I STOP the movie, and go to another ISO, it's also fine.

The problem happens only when instead of STOPPING the first movie, I just go back (the first ISO keeps playing) and choose another ISO.

Then Media Portal just stops on that screen and I have to kill the task.

I have also tried VCD, but the problem still happens... It seems that the iso is not being unmounted when I start another ISO.

Any ideas?

odelta

July 9, 2009
I'm having a similar problem. Using Daemon tools Lite 4.30.4 and Mediaportal 1.0.2 with Streamed MP 0.8.448 skin on Windows XP SP3. Not using Moving Pictures though. Daemon tools is configured properly.

The problem started when I upgraded from Mediaportal 1.0 to 1.0.2. (tried it with a fresh install too). When switching ISO's, Mediaportal freezes everytime. I have to restart the program. When I restart, the old ISO has been unmounted and I can mount a new one just fine.

I checked the log file and I see the Daemon tools unmount command, but there is no corresponding mount command for the ISO that I try to switch too. I'm at work right now so unfortunately I can't post my log file. I've switched back to Mediaportal 1.0 for now and its working fine again.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

ronysrei

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
It's still happening to me... No way to solve the problem. Im sad nobody had ever helped me to solve it....

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I had some issues with ISO being mounted by Daemon Tools, even though my issue was related to standby. Anyway, the fix I implemented was to unmount the ISO when I press the STOP button. I use IR Server Suite so this was quite simple using a macro, first sending the STOP action, then executing the command daemon.exe -unmount "drive#"

/Peter

ronijho

October 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I had some issues with ISO being mounted by Daemon Tools, even though my issue was related to standby. Anyway, the fix I implemented was to unmount the ISO when I press the STOP button. I use IR Server Suite so this was quite simple using a macro, first sending the STOP action, then executing the command daemon.exe -unmount "drive#"

/Peter

Peter,

Can you EXACTLY how you do this? I have the same problem, but I have no experience with IR SErver Suite neither in writing macro's.. So can you tell me a bit more about this item?
    :D

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ronijho,

This is how I've done it:

1. Install IR Server Suite (IRSS). I use it since it offers a lot of customization alternatives where each button on your remote can be (re)mapped to a different command or command sequence.

2. In MP Config, enable the plugin.

3. In the IRSS plugin config define a macro that consists to two commands: first it sends the Mediaportal 'STOP' command to stop any playback, then it runs the program "...\DAEMON Tools\daemon. exe -umount etc". You have to consult the Daemon tools manual for the specific options/flags.

3. In IRSS config remap the stop button from sending the 'STOP' command, to executing the macro that you just configured.

Now when you press the 'STOP' button it will stop the playback and then send the unmount command.

Let me know if you have any questions.

/Peter

ronijho

October 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    unmount iso

Hi ronijho,

This is how I've done it:

1. Install IR Server Suite (IRSS). I use it since it offers a lot of customization alternatives where each button on your remote can be (re)mapped to a different command or command sequence.

2. In MP Config, enable the plugin.

3. In the IRSS plugin config define a macro that consists to two commands: first it sends the Mediaportal 'STOP' command to stop any playback, then it runs the program "...\DAEMON Tools\daemon. exe -umount etc". You have to consult the Daemon tools manual for the specific options/flags.

3. In IRSS config remap the stop button from sending the 'STOP' command, to executing the macro that you just configured.

Now when you press the 'STOP' button it will stop the playback and then send the unmount command.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    /Peter

Hey, Petsa, Thnx for you answer.
    As I looked better what the problem could be, I found out that mediaportal AND WMP both were playing the movie.
    I probably had set WMP default to play DVD's automatically. So I changed the settings of autoplaying by WMP and the problem was solved.
    Eventhough I found a digfferend solution, I appriciate your support a lot!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom