Database Connection Problems - I think! (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have just done a clean install of the 1.3 Final TV Server. I needed to rescan the DVB-T channels due to a transmitter retune, and had a few hours to kill so went for a clean install instead. :rolleyes:

All server settings are the same as previous, same IP address etc, but the clients now cannot connect. Always the same dialog box popping up asking to confirm TV server settings. I can watch TV using MP on the server, but all clients now behave the same.

The last time I tried to connect to the TV Server was around 18:40

Logs are attached.

Any advice welcomed.

EDIT: I have deleted the lot and gone back 1.2.3 for the moment. The GF is now looking at going back to Sky+ multiroom.

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From MediaPortal Log (also in Errors) you have...

Code:
    2013-04-12 19:03:46.288193 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=localhost;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception:
    and
    Code:
    2013-04-12 19:03:44.873112 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=localhost;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30;

And from the TVServer log...
    Code:
    2013-04-12 18:52:48.011284 [MPMain(1)]: TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (CardByIndex) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.10:31456

In config you reference TVServer by IP (192.168.1.10), your MySQL reference as 'localhost' (127.0.0.1 by default) - could be names or firewall ports.

Good luck and Sky+(n) (but understand GF pressure)

Cheers - JCMP

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for the solution. I cannot confirm if it works or not as I have gone back to 1.2.3 on all clients and server, and thus, this particular problem has gone. For me, 1.2.3 just worked flawlessly. I (and, more importantly, the GF) seemed to have too many new problems since the 1.3F install that I had not experienced before in the time I have been using MP. In order to get the WAF back a 1.2.3 re-install was required. Everything is now back to working as it should, and the GF's thoughts of Sky+ Multiroom have now disappeared. As MP is our method of watching live TV any interruption to that causes problems.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort in suggesting a solution.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Pity you couldn't get it sorted in 1.3, but keeping GF on side has to be priority - so I'm happy she's happy:cool:

Assuming your specs are still the same, wonder if it's that 1.3 is pushing your machine just that little bit too much - I have 1.3 final on similar hardware, and it's fine [although I'm breaking in new box I just finished building - on soak test for week before I commit to moving finally:-].

Good luck & good viewing:)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jim,

After doing much reading I suspect a plugin was causing problems with writing to mediaportal.xml - this gave shutdown issues on two clients that used the plugin. I was also using DJBlu's excellent EPG grabber, so this may have interfered with things too. I must admit that I was a little downhearted as I had upgraded the server and three clients ( or 5 clients if you include 2 laptops ) and then to have a system that kept crashing, failing to close properly, "unknown error" boxes popping up when trying to get a TV channel and just random stuff was a bit too much to take and my patience was wearing thin. However, now back on 1.2.3 and staying that way for some time as all is now tickety-boo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom