database double up (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Country flag
Hi, I have been using the great Moving Pictures for a couple of weeks and it has been great. Unfortunately in the last day or so the entries have doubled up with each movie being listed twice. Some of them have different cover art some have 2 the same.

I deleted the database and rescanned and it was fine for a day but the double entries have returned, any suggestions?

thanks Mick

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    i have this same problem but haven't really tried to fix.. i'm still ripping my dvd collection... if you haven't gotten an answer but the time i get around to finding a solution i'll post it up..

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I will continue to see if I can resolve it as well. Have only just started ripping the DVD collection, it's a daunting task. I will let you know if I find a resolution as well.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to let you know. Another issue required a solution which will also prevent the double-up from happening. This issue has been resolved in 0.8.

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Thanks for the update, will be waiting for the 0.8 update when available. Great plugin, thanks for all the hard work, it really adds that bit extra to MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom