Database: Refactor MP1 database for multi seat usage (3 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay.

The reason I asked this question is because, when this option is selected, the fetch processing uses the folder name instead of the movie name, in the grabbers, to find a match. Therefore, if you select this option, but actually put all of your movies in a single folder (as I do), the grabber returns a list of matches to all of your movies (up to the limit you have set).

This had me thrown until I looked at the code. Why the processing uses the folder name, when you've already got the movie name is a mystery to me.

I think this code needs to be changed to always use the movie name because the current behavior is really confusing to the user - including me.

I now notice that the configuration app has an option to 'Prefer video filename for movie search'. I suggest that this option should default to ON because, in my view, it is by no means obvious what it's implications are until you get some weird behavior as I explained above.
    could this be for dvdrips perhaps? (With all those video_ts.* files)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has any thought been given to integrating the fanart handler into the main product?

I was just thinking that it appears to be be such a major part of the processing throughout that it would be good to have it inside rather than as an extension.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I've posted the latest version of the code and upgrade files for the latest version.

Everything should work as it used to but there are a few enhancements, the most important being that there is a 'fast fetch' option for refreshing the movie information.

1636796565176.png

Fast fetch uses the title the user originally chose when getting info for a movie to refresh information. Doing this allows me to offer users the ability to refresh all of their movies using just one click - processing all of the movies in the background. If you don't select fast fetch, the usual process is used.

Fetch actor details synchronizes this option for the configuration app and the GUI; i.e. if you set that option here, that is the option the GUI will use (and vice-versa).

I must have a look at why fetching actor details takes so long. I'm pretty sure it is caused by iterative processing, repeating unnecessarily, but I need to work out where that is happening.

Please let me know if when you find errors so I can fix them.

The

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I've put in a new version (008) that fixes a bug.

I've also included a document that explains the rationale behind the refactored system, why it does what it does and how it does it.

I hope this helps.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    What is it for? Not everyone needs it and not everyone uses it, as a plugin it is easier to update and handle errors.
    It was just an idea.

Not sure if this is a good thing, non-English users may have bilingual titles (I do), for example: Нечто - The Thing
    But with this name, almost all grabbers do not work, or work incorrectly. Well, do not forget about the same names of movies released in different years.
    I am storing the IMDBUrl object in the database. So, it should be unique.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I am storing the IMDBUrl object in the database. So, it should be unique.
    I already wrote about the problems with IMDBUrl and why it's bad to be guided by it. The only thing that is supported by almost all grabbers is IMDBID (but not all). I.e. variant Title, IMDBUrl, IMDBID will not always give 100% results because every grabber is unique and works with its own dataset. But only IMDBID will give more or less stable variant from all these variants and if grabber is well designed you can get result close to 100%. In general (if memory serves me correctly) all grabbers that I have changed give results close to 100% in case of IMDBID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom