Database: Refactor MP1 database for multi seat usage (3 Viewers)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please try the one that is there now.

As it turns out, GUIThumbs is a file that is now unchanged.

Please, let me know if anything else is wrong with these files

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey, what this ?
    You make some code parts unloaded, simply for compile successfull ?
    How is it possible to see config design changes or others in this case ?
    Also, with your code, 10% more warnings than original one (many MP devs worked hard in the past, to try to reduce that...)

The original MP (see blue rectangle) :

zz1.png

Your (see red rectangle) :

zz2.png

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Current 1.29:

1636534975843.png

Refactored version:

1636535014861.png

Looks like the same number of projects to me.

I will deal with warnings as my last task.

Please be aware that this is a major upgrade to the client database processing. It is completely different and uses Entity Framework and LINQ/Lambda throughout - though it does retain SQL for a few tasks. It allows MP not to lock the client databases and make the product truly multi-user. Therefore, you are going to see lots a changes to code, mainly in Databases, but also in other projects where they access the client databases.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I've added two further code folders to the first posting in this thread:

1) mediaportal-fanart-handler-master refactor.zip;
    2) TvEngine3 refactor.zip.

These contain the code changes for the Fanart Handler and TvPlugin. My objects download already has these DLLs but you must add these code changes to make the system fully work after compiling the code.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In the screen above setting actor data OFF/ON affects both Skip files already in the database and Refresh existing files.
    I don't see that check box. I see a regular checkbox for actor data. Which has been there for a long time. And it works like this:
    • Off: When we get movie info, we only get a list of actors and their role without actor info.
    • On: When we get movie info, we only get a list of actors, their role, and actor info.
    If you look at your scenario, there should be another checkbox, i.e:
    [X] Get list of actors
    [ ] Get actor information
    Notice that the actor data checkbox is now exists in the scan and editor tabs; checking either of them activates the other checkbox as well. I did this so you don't have to keep switching back to the scan tab to change that setting. Both checkboxes are defaulted to OFF. So you have to actively set it to enable not fetching actor data. It could be argued that setting the default to ON might be better though. Perhaps users could indicate which option they prefer?
    You forget that the main work is in the GUI, Mediaportal. I haven't entered the Configurator on my HTPCs in over 2 years. And I think 99% of users, don't use the Configurator for movie information. Getting information, updating information is either automatic or in the GUI, Mediaportal.
    If you add such options, you must firstly keep the current functionality in full, and secondly make it possible to manage it from the GUI, Mediaportal.
    This is my opinion.

PS: I have in the settings, do not get information about Actors when you get information about the film, I want to get a complete list (Long) of actors. But I know that many people, it is worth to get a complete list (Long) of actors and get full information about them.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Very strange, it takes me seconds. What grabber are you using?
    The very fact that the fetch is only taking you seconds is an indication that the fetch is only getting the director for the movie and not all of the the other actors and their roles as well. I you were fetching the other actors and roles you would definitely notice the time difference. I've done testing on this and getting actors by role (in the database that means populating the actor and actorlinkmovie tables for all actors partaking in the movie) is noticeable not only because of the time it takes but because the screen shows each actor being fetched, one by one. Like I said, this wasn't working correctly for me until I changed the code to correct a few coding errors.

I use the configuration option to get movie info when I have added a large number of new movies and when I am testing. What is evident to me is that all of the options to fetch movie info, and there are at least three, seem to do it differently (which I think is not ideal). I have discerned this by looking at the code and debugging all of the options. I haven't changed what the app was doing - I have enhanced the configuration app to be more flexible in how it fetches movie info.

I suggest that the default should be to get the director for the movie only and that the configuration app should be used when you want to get actors by role; either en masse of by using the Lookup feature.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    A question about the 'Every movie in it's own folder' option. It doesn't seem to enforce anything, so far as I can tell, except doing a fetch, when the search results contain loads of stuff (and only when getting IMDB data using MP).

Is anyone using this option and what is it for (and what is it expected to do if you don't store your movies in separate folders in the first place)?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I don't know English well, but I repeat once again, it takes me a few seconds to get a complete list of actors, which grabber do you use? And you can log with debug information where you can see that getting the list takes a lot of time. Well, one more thing, the grabber is engaged in obtaining the list of actors, information on the actors, and not the Media Portal, recording to the database is generally instantaneous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom