Date field in DVD Profiler (1 Viewer)

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
Hi,

Not sure if I am missing something but noticed that since I switched from ANT to DVD Profiler the "Sort by Date" view does not seem to work as everything has the same date (or no date?).

I hoped that the Purchase Date in DVD Pro would be used - is this not the case?

Is there a way to get this working that I am missing as was always my prefered way as I liked to view recently added titles.

Thanks and keep up the great work,

Dave.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi,

Not sure if I am missing something but noticed that since I switched from ANT to DVD Profiler the "Sort by Date" view does not seem to work as everything has the same date (or no date?).

I hoped that the Purchase Date in DVD Pro would be used - is this not the case?

Is there a way to get this working that I am missing as was always my prefered way as I liked to view recently added titles.

Thanks and keep up the great work,

Dave.
Normaly done with the new 4.4.1 version....

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
Thanks for the quick update. I tried it last night though and I still have a problem.

In DVDProfiler I use the PurchasedDate, what do you translate that into within MP - Date or Date Added. I have tried adding both as supplemtal information on the detailed screen and I see that both are empty.

Also when I sort by Date, I still see no difference.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Thanks for the quick update. I tried it last night though and I still have a problem.

In DVDProfiler I use the PurchasedDate, what do you translate that into within MP - Date or Date Added. I have tried adding both as supplemtal information on the detailed screen and I see that both are empty.

Also when I sort by Date, I still see no difference.
Is your date format compatible with your locals windows settings ?
For US users, Dates must be like MM/dd/yyyy, for french dd/MM/yyyy; so your date format in uour database must be the same than your windows regional settings.

Can you send me your xml database ?

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
Thanks for the offer Zebons, I think it is actually an issue as you said with the Date Format. In DVD Profiler it displays the date as dd/mm/YYYY the same as the PC. But when I checked the xml file exported it for some reason exports to YYYY/MM/DD which I assume will cause the error.

I am currently checking why this occurs with Invelos.

Further update, it seems that they will only export to that format as that is what is universally known as XML Date format. Zebons what format were you expecting and is it possible to use the format YYYY/MM/DD when importing from DVD Profiler.

If you want an XML file I can provide a cut down version if it helps?

Cheers,

Dave.

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
please ignore this thread, I have resolved the problem now, even if I am not sure how :)

thanks for looking into this and for updating it in the new release.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
please ignore this thread, I have resolved the problem now, even if I am not sure how :)

thanks for looking into this and for updating it in the new release.
Be carefull that the plugin built an xml ANT compatible file and if you want to regenerate that file you have two possibilities :
- delete the generated file. The name is the the original name without the .xml extension on which the plugin add _tmp.xml. Ex if your db is movies.xml, the generated file is movies_tmp.xml
- do some modifications with Movie Collector and re-export your database. The plugin regenerate the tmp file if the modified date of your db is newer than the generated file.
May be during your firsts tests, you work with an old generated file....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom