Date Shown Incorrectly (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow! What a wonderfully-legible skin! I love it!

I have used Windows Media Center for several years, but one of the reasons that I have stayed with Vista and not migrated to Win7 is the fact that Microsoft redesigned various screens in Win7 and reduced the font sizes, making those screens more-difficult to read. But Vista cannot receive high-definition broadcasts (DVB-T2). With MP and Amped, I can receive high-definition broadcasts and have legibility (and record-a-mux, and have guaranteed pre-padding and post-padding, and...).

But just a moment, surely today is "Sun 10 Aug", and not "Sun 01 Aug", as shown in the top right corner of various screens (e.g the EPG). The Titan skin shows these dates correctly. I am using MP 1.8.0, Amped 3.6.2, and Windows Vista.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow! What a wonderfully-legible skin! I love it!
    Thx :)

But just a moment, surely today is "Sun 10 Aug", and not "Sun 01 Aug", as shown in the top right corner of various screens (e.g the EPG)
    A known issue - the aMPed abbreviated date format attempts to use regional settings (and displays Sun Aug 10 with Windows US regional settings). It's fixed in MP 1.9.0 ;) For now you can disable the aMPed abbreviated date format in aMPed Config or Skin settings in GUI and configure your MP date format using MP Config > Plugins > Home plugin. But it doesn't support abbreviated months/days of week :( (which is why I introduced aMPed abbrev. date format). MP 1.9.0 pre release should be out soon and you can re-enable the aMPed date format then. Hope that helps?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    A known issue ... MP 1.9.0 pre release should be out soon and you can re-enable the aMPed date format then. Hope that helps?
    That's fine. It is only a nit, and I just wanted to be sure that it had not gone unnoticed. Many thanks.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    MP 1.9.0 pre release should be out soon and you can re-enable the aMPed date format then.
    I have just installed MP 1.9.0 pre, but the aMPed skin still shows the problem with the default date format (see screen shot). Is this supposed to be fixed in the pre-release version?

Attachments

• amped_incorrect_date.jpg
      amped_incorrect_date.jpg
      114.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom