DCFWinService High CPU Usage (1 Viewer)

TechSalt

August 21, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Hello,
DFS.AGENT.WinService uses 100% of CPU usage on windows 10 Laptop. So the CPU fan always runs to refresh the CPU.
What is this service? Is it a bug or acting as designed?
I would try to end the task but after a while, it would just pop back up.
Any ideas?

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Dell Foundation Services
The intent of the Dell Foundation Service software is to provide a core set of messaging and support functions to us. Obviously, it is not a requirement of the computer and the operating system. Which is why I stated uninstall it properly through Control Panel- Programs and Features. If at a later time a user does want us to help them troubleshoot via remote processes, we will guide them as to what software they might need to install.
RE: What is DFSSvc.exe (Dell.DFS.Agent.WinService) in Task Manager.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    There is a bunch of similar complaints in the internet on this (Google what is DFS.AGENT.WinService) , it is a Dell service and it seems it can be uninstalled without issue via the Control Panel, but I would suggest you do more research on that before proceeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The Microsoft Antimalware Service Executable got updated on July 9 (version 4.18.2106.6-0) and it seems to me that this update fixed the issue with MediaPortal. The CPU load of the antimalware service is near 0% even if the MediaPortal application is running.
    The Microsoft Antimalware Service Executable got updated on July 9 (version 4.18.2106.6-0) and it seems to me that this update...
    I've been using MP1 on a dedicated HTPC for some years now, but recently I'm struggling the software to work. Whenever MP1 runs...
    Replies
    Views
    found the cause of high cpu utilization in interrupts, after resuming from ACPI S3 sleep state, to be the WOL be enabled on Realtek ethernet adapter. i updated the Realtek drivers to latest but made no change, have disabled WOL, and issue now resolved....
    found the cause of high cpu utilization in interrupts, after resuming from ACPI S3 sleep state, to be the WOL be enabled on Realtek...
    Hello MP team, I've been using MP since 1.21. I recently updated my Windows 7 system to MP final 1.24, and am experiencing a new...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Workaround:- Use the close "x" button in the top right hand corner of the screen and MP2 should restart without need to reboot.
    Workaround:- Use the close "x" button in the top right hand corner of the screen and MP2 should restart without need to reboot.
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom