DD Octopus Twin CI decoder only works for one tuner (1 Viewer)

MortenRS_DK

June 7, 2015
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi.

I am a new user of Mediaportal.
My "problem" is that I have a tuner kit from Digital Devices: Octopus Twin CI v4 with 4 DVB-T/T2 tuners, but I can only decode pay channels on one tuner. My plan with this multi tuner setup was that I was able to record on more then one pay channel at the time.
If I enable the CI module on more then one tuner, is nothing working.
When I activate the CI module on 2 (or all 4) tuners can I stille access the CI Menu in both TV Server configuration and from the menu then I watch a free channel in Mediaportal, but no decoding.

My CAM decoder is a: Neotion secure CA module. Licenced by Viaccess, With a Danish Boxer viaccess Program Card.

My Mediaportal TV server runs on Windows 8.1

Is there some settings I have not set correct or am I just limit to only watch pay channels from one tuner?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

My CAM decoder is a: Neotion secure CA module. Licenced by Viaccess
    Not all CAMs are able to decrypt more than one channel. Can you please provide a link to the manufacturers page so that we can check the specifications.

The other important things for your setup are:
    1. Check the CAM menu to see if there is a setting that needs to be enabled to enable it to decrypt more than one channel simultaneously.
    2. Use the DD configuration tool (installed with the driver) to link the CI to each tuner that you want to enable to decrypt channels.
    3. If you link the CI to more than one tuner, this is DD's "MTD" mode... and you must then set the CAM limit for each tuner to 1.
    ...but to be clear: if the CAM can only decrypt one channel, configuration can't change that.

Regards,
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That is a CI+ (CI Plus) CAM.
    From what I can find, your provider is using CI for SD channels and CI+ for HD channels.
    There is no PC CI slot which supports CI+ with pairing.
    Therefore, you may not be able to decrypt HD channels.

I have looked in the CAM menu, but have not found a place ajust sound.
    Sound is irrelevant.
    The setting might be called "multi-channel decryption"... or something "multi ...".

Did you do this?
    • Use the DD configuration tool (installed with the driver) to link the CI to each tuner that you want to enable to decrypt channels.
    • If you link the CI to more than one tuner, this is DD's "MTD" mode... and you must then set the CAM limit for each tuner to 1.

MortenRS_DK

June 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ups not sound in the CAM manu. I cannot find place to enable/disable multi channel decoding.

My tv provider (Boxer DK) was using CI+ for a short while, but stopped again because most of there customers TV was to old to do the decoding. I have no throble decoding one encoded HD (1280x720) channel at the time. But still if a enable/link the CAM module in the DD menu for more the one tuner, does it not work at all. Then none of the tuners can decode any pay channels SD or HD.
    I have set the CAM limit in MP TV Server setup to 1 for all tuners, but it does not help.

MortenRS_DK

June 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Here is my CI Menu:​

1) Information
    1) Module
    - Neotion
    - Boxer tv-module CI-PLUS​
    2) Smart card​
    2) Settings
    - Language
    - Parental control
    - Erase all messages
    - Software download
    - Factory reset​
    3) Right consultation
    - BOXER1
    - Clases
    01/07/2015 - 30/09/2015: 029, 117
    01/04/2015 - 30/06/2015: 029, 117​
    - Themes/Levels
    - No theme/level information available​
    - Purchases
    Prebooked program numbers(s):
    - [XXXXXXX] -> [XXXXXXX]
    - [XXXXXXX] -> [XXXXXXX]
    - [XXXXXXX] -> [XXXXXXX]
    ....​
    - BOXER2
    - Clases
    - No class information available​
    - Themes/Levels
    - Purchases
    - No purchase information available​
    - BOXER3
    - Clases
    - Themes/Levels
    - Purchases
    - BOXER3
    - Clases
    - Themes/Levels
    - Purchases
    - BOXER4
    - Clases
    - Themes/Levels
    - Purchases

4) Messages
    - No message has been received​

There is no multi decoding settings!

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmmm, I'm not sure what else to say.

From the "DualDesc" logo at the NEOTION link, I think your CAM may be able to decrypt 2 channels.

When you say "does not work at all": it sounds more like a DD CI hardware or driver compatibility issue, but I can't be sure unless you provide the TV Server log files.
    When the CAM is linked to 2 tuners, does the CAM/CI menu still work, or is that also not working?
    You only have one CAM, correct?
    Have you tried contacting DD?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try to run the DD-TV tool that was installed during the DD driver installation.
    1. Check out if you can watch un-encrypted channels.
    2. Then verify encrypted channels
    • If 1) does not work you may have a hardware problem: the ribbon cable connector is quite sensitive. pulling it off and plugging it back in a few times can be enough to damage it. Although you "see" the CAM and can enter setup menus, communication can be affected. In that case try to change the cable if you have a spare one. Otherwise contact DD, they are usually very responsive and helpful and may send you a new one free of charge.
    • If 1) works but you get stuck on 2) you are probably looking at some incompatibility issues between the CAM and the CI. Again DD would be the people to talk to
    • If 1) and 2) are OK problems would be with MediaPortal.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @MortenRS_DK ,

Stop the Windows "TV Service" before attempting to use DD-TV. Otherwise TV Server will use the tuner and DD-TV will not work.

MortenRS_DK

June 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have tryed DD-TV but it always look like this whem i started it

All capable DVB Adapters are busy.
    No free Device has been found

I does not help to stop MP tv service![DOUBLEPOST=1433886253][/DOUBLEPOST]I have made two log file. One with only CAM module enabled on one tuner, and one where it enabled on to tuners.

I tested by starting op TV-Service configuation -> Manual Control -> select HD pay channel -> start time shift

When CAM are enabled for two tuners can it not see the channel.
    I can stille open the CI menu where 2 or moe tuners are link to the CAM module

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom