DD Octopus Twin CI decoder only works for one tuner (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again,

I am not entirely sure if I understand everything that you did and where the problem is actually located. Can you confirm if my understanding is correct?
    1. You can watch free TV on MediaPortal
    2. You can watch free TV with the CI/CAM being connected to the tuner card
    3. You can watch encrypted TV if you bind the CAM to one single tuner only
    4. No TV at all if CI/CAM bound to both tuners
    If the answer to qustions 1-3 is Yes, then most likely the CAM is not fully compatible. In this case please get in touch with DigitalDevices about it as suggested earlier by @mm1352000

MortenRS_DK

June 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    • You can watch free TV on MediaPortal
    • You can watch free TV with the CI/CAM being connected to the tuner card
    • You can watch encrypted TV if you bind the CAM to one single tuner only
    • No TV at all if CI/CAM bound to both tuners

1-3 is correct. When I bind CI/CAM to more the one tuner, can I still watch the free channels, but none of my pay channels.

I will get in touch with DD.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, but 4 is not what I thought. So when the CI is bound to both tuners you can still watch FTA but Pay TV is not working.

Before reaching out to DD you may really want to get your DD-TV up and running. If you stop the TV Service (pls confirm that it is really stopped) and then staart DD-TV, are you still geting a no tuner found message? In that case you have a hardware/driver issue since the Octopus must be found by DD-TV.

MortenRS_DK

June 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have been in contagt with DD support. They say that Neotion CAMs will not work with more than one tuner.

I have now tried with another CAM module from SMIT. But the story is almost the same. I can only decode on one tuner and only one channel. The only difference is that if I link more the one tuner to the SMIT CAM module, can I decode pay channels on one tuner, but not two or more.

Attachments

• boxerCam.jpg
      boxerCam.jpg
      196.8 KB

MortenRS_DK

June 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I got something to Work. With the SMIT CAM module link to tuner 1 and 3, can I decode one pay channel on each tuner. I do not know why it did not work on tuner 1 and 2.
    I have tried to link to more tuners, but it only work for 2 and one tuner can not decode more then one channel. The free channel can DD view all the channels that are on the same MUX.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have tried to link to more tuners, but it only work for 2
    This is a CAM limitation. There's nothing that TV Server or DD can do about it.

and one tuner can not decode more then one channel.
    This is a DD MTD limitation. You can't share the CAM with more than one tuner and allow each tuner to decrypt more than one channel. It is one or the other, not both.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have tryed DD-TV but it always look like this whem i started it

All capable DVB Adapters are busy.
    No free Device has been found

I does not help to stop MP tv service![DOUBLEPOST=1433886253][/DOUBLEPOST]I have made two log file. One with only CAM module enabled on one tuner, and one where it enabled on to tuners.

I tested by starting op TV-Service configuation -> Manual Control -> select HD pay channel -> start time shift

When CAM are enabled for two tuners can it not see the channel.
    I can stille open the CI menu where 2 or moe tuners are link to the CAM module
    you probably did a scan on 1 tuner, and forgot to map the tvchannels to the other cards ?
    go in tvserver config to -> tv channels --> tvmapping
    on top you can select each tuner , and if there are available channels move them all to the right side, repeat for every tuner and youre done

Damstas

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have tried to link to more tuners, but it only work for 2
    This is a CAM limitation. There's nothing that TV Server or DD can do about it.

and one tuner can not decode more then one channel.
    This is a DD MTD limitation. You can't share the CAM with more than one tuner and allow each tuner to decrypt more than one channel. It is one or the other, not both.
    I'm too trying to figure out what hardware I need. I read those limitations, but couldn't understand the difference between these two you explained?
    I need cable tuners (DVB-C) and I also have a PayTV card for HD channels, which doesn't require pairing. Our country uses Conax.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I read those limitations, but couldn't understand the difference between these two you explained?
    In the first case: CAMs have a "hard" limit on the number of channels that they can decrypt simultaneously due to their hardware and/or software design. For example, MortenRS_DK has a CAM that can decrypt 2 channels. Often the limit is 1, 2, 3 or 4 channels.

In the second case: DD have a feature called "MTD" (multi-transponder decoding). This feature enables you to share a CAM between tuners and save money (no need to buy one CAM per tuner). When you use MTD, each tuner can only decrypt 1 channel... even if the CAM can decrypt more than 1 channel. Overall, the CAM hard limit still applies. For example, MortenRS_DK's CAM can decrypt 2 channels; he can share the CAM between 2 of his tuners; each tuner can decrypt 1 channel.

If you still don't understand then I can only suggest that you speak to DD and/or do more reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom