Dead Link to find xmltv.dtd (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did precisely what you said for option 2, and of course it doesn't work.
    On the contrary. It looks like mc2xml has generated xmltv.xml for you. Perfect. You simply haven't renamed xmltv.xml to tvguide.xml as required for import into TV Server.

As I said in my previous post: everything else is the same as you've already done. You had to rename xmltv.xml to tvguide.xml previously... and you still have to do it now.

I'm $20 into this cf and who knows how many hours. ... Followed every cryptic instruction to the letter.
    It's obvious that you're frustrated. I've tried my level best to help you while remaining calm and polite. These comments don't help.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the MP xmltv-plugin reads the tvguide.xml file. You can create this file with mc2xml using the following command line.

mc2xml.exe -o tvguide.xml

not sure what OS you are running, but to open a cmd.exe window in Win7

Click Windows "Start" lower left of screen, type cmd.exe in the search window, will open up a black text command window, do the following 2 commands, quotes are important

cd "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv"
    mc2xml.exe -o tvguide.xml

for win8, mouse "right click" on "windows icon" on lower left of screen, select "command prompt", do the 2 steps above

Floorhor

Portal Member
    July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After a couple of regenerations of tvguide and restarts, it works! Thanks for your hard work. You hung in there with a guy who was sick and tired of something, whatever that was. As an aside, I do high end, industrial contract work and have had the phone call in the middle of the night with a plant manager just eating my tail. Most of them are still my best customers and my company got better because I smiled, listened and fashioned my company so those phone calls were few and far between. In the middle of them saying disparaging things about my mother, they were telling me exactly how to sell to them. They were telling me in no uncertain terms what they were sick and tired of. A thousand sales calls wouldn't have uncovered as much intel. In fact, I should have said thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom