Deadlock in TV Server if recording while importing EPG (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So there is a problem with TV Server recording while there is no EPG, or perhaps after a new EPG is imported.
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem.

In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic description (especially current-affairs programmes), but this description changes to a more-specific description nearer the broadcast time.

In the six years that I have been using MP, I have never encountered the problem that you have found. It may be that I have simply been lucky, but I suspect that "TV Sevrer" uses a different algorithm when receiving the broadcast EPG. Instead of deleting the entire EPG and then receiving the new one, "TV Server" probably performs a merge of the old and the new, so that the EPG is never actually empty. This may be the algorithm that "XmlTv" should use when importing the EPG from an xml file.

Will "XmlTv" be fixed? I don't want to say "never", but it is perhaps less likely to be fixed, rather than more likely. The problem is one of lack of personnel with appropriate knowledge. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom