Deadlock in TV Server if recording while importing EPG (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    So there is a problem with TV Server recording while there is no EPG, or perhaps after a new EPG is imported.
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem.

In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic description (especially current-affairs programmes), but this description changes to a more-specific description nearer the broadcast time.

In the six years that I have been using MP, I have never encountered the problem that you have found. It may be that I have simply been lucky, but I suspect that "TV Sevrer" uses a different algorithm when receiving the broadcast EPG. Instead of deleting the entire EPG and then receiving the new one, "TV Server" probably performs a merge of the old and the new, so that the EPG is never actually empty. This may be the algorithm that "XmlTv" should use when importing the EPG from an xml file.

Will "XmlTv" be fixed? I don't want to say "never", but it is perhaps less likely to be fixed, rather than more likely. The problem is one of lack of personnel with appropriate knowledge. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from hibernation. From the Windows 7 desktop, I pressed the START button on the remote control to start MP 1.25f. On the MP splash screen, the "Starting TV Server" text appeared unexpectedly. After a long wait...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    Replies
    Views
    Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had made some registry changes to attempt to increase the video quality, which ended up not being supported by Kodi. Attached is a screenshot of what my final (working) settings are, just in case anyone else...
    Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had...
    Good morning. Back a few months ago, I replaced my original HTPC with updated hardware. I have a few Hauppauge ATSC tuners I'm...
    Replies
    Views
    Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
    Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom