Decode H.264 (HDTV) with HD2600 (1 Viewer)

pcspets

March 10, 2008
Home Country
Hi Dann

You have exactly the same problem as I had - it's related to MPEG4 and DVB-T. But unfortunatelu the MPEG2 setting is hard-coded - at least i didn't find any way to configure it from outside. So no other way to change it but install DirectX SDK, Visual Studio and SVN :)

Get the code with 2.3.0 tag, change the setting I quated in the previous posts, compile and voila!

Dann

Portal Member
September 26, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
OK thx, but this way will it work only with MPEG4 streams, or with both (MPEG2 and MPEG4)? I need a configuration where i'll be able to see both. Is this possible? ... hope that someone knows the answer...

THX again!

Dann

pcspets

March 10, 2008
Home Country
This way it works only in MPEG4 but in Estonia we don't care :) We have only MPEG4

I don't thing you have mixed DVB-T channels.

But it seems to have some problems with recording (still only sound is recorded).... have to investigate it if I have time sometimes.

Dann

Portal Member
September 26, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Well in my case i can receive about 15 channels from Italy (MPEG2) and 3 channels from my country - Slovenia (MPEG4)... this year will be added some more channels in MPEG4... so i just wish to be able to view them all within MP. Can someone of the developers comment on this please? Is there any solution?

THX in advance!

Dann

aladdin0

Portal Member
March 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Eabin,

I'm back now and have still the same problem. Now I've installed the newest MP version RC1 (deinstalled everything before). Still using Vista.

My Problem is still the same. As soon as I switch to a HD channel e.g. HD1 the CPU goes to 100% instead that GPU decode the stream. :(

As you proposed I will attach some files that you can analyse my sonfig and the log files. I hope you can finde something out. :D

Many thanks in advance.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Btw. I would recommend the newer PowerDVD 8 codec for High Definition content Hardware Acceleration, it is a lot less troublesome (when used with the newest video drivers).

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    Obliged to use external player for HD movies

JHi,
    I ended up on this thread because I have the same video card but the argument in the posts, are closer to my problem wich is related to codecs....I think.

The only way to see HD movies from files, is to use an external player like Nero Show Time or Power DVD. They both work fine if I set them as external players.
    I do not understand waht can be wrong with my MP configuration.
    If I do not set the ext player, I can see SD movies but not HD movies.

When I select a HD movie, it simply flashes for a second and then nothing is played.

I have tryied to change the h.264 decoder with coreavc decoder, but nothing changes.
    I have also activated the EVR but no success.

The MP version is the latest RC and the OS is Xp Sp3.
    I really would like to avoid the usage of the ext player.
    Can someone put me in the right way?
    The PC is not the one on my signature. It is a HTPC self built.
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom