FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

afaik MP uses VMR-renderless. That is the most powerfull and latest technology.

The quality fo VMR9 playback depends much on your graphics card / driver. Which one do you have?

Some are better with overlay, some are better with VMR9 (most of them the latest GPU generation).

Perhaps you have VMR9 settings in the XviD decoder...

Flip.

m4r3k

Portal Member
    April 3, 2006
    re

hey m8,

i have GeForce 6800 and last WHQL driver from nvidia.com

with Overlay have picture more details then VMR9-renderless (very blurred) thats a fact :) (and i dont use any postprocessing that kill details from picture)

kenman

Portal Member
    April 18, 2006
    Hi, I need some help to improve quality with video in MP. With BSplayer in overlay the quality is very good, but in MEdiaPortal (VMR9) video quality is quite bad. I will try different comparaison to validate that the difference come from video rendering only and not video codec! Nevertheless, it should be a poor solution to use external player to get a good quality in MP :(

I use a GeForce4 Ti4200 with last WHQL drivers from Nvidia (but with "recent" video card like 6800 it seems to be the same (see previous comment from m4r3k)! Moreover, why autotune TV channel still use overlay whereas it is impossible to use this rendering outside the setup?

kenman

Portal Member
    April 18, 2006
    I understand that the best way should be to upgrade my hardware and especially my video card... :cry: ... unfortunatly it is not my money priority...
    I will try external player... without OSD advantages... But for TV there is no issue!
    Damned, it worked so well under MP 0.1.3 !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom