Decoding Satellite PayTV (1 Viewer)

jjnz1

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
Looking at buying a $450 satellite card - twinhan DVB-s and a CI adapter so i can put my Sky Digital card in it. has anyone done this before? is it possible to view all (60+) channels (for which i am entitiled?)
Also, i have seen on some posts that there is another application which currently used skins from mp maybe? -that can download the whole satellite signal so i can record lots of channels with only one sat card. is it possible with mp?

Dedicated Althon 2100xp,winxp, 512mb, 300gb, 150mce, DVD-RW, ATI remote wonder, radeon 9200se, uhf channel interface, multiroom remote extender,

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome -

twinhan DVB-s and a CI adapter so i can put my Sky Digital card in it

Its currently not possible with the Twinhan but is possible with Digital Everywhere's FireDTV S/CI BUT only with the as yet unreleased updated firmware and drivers - these should be released very soon.

The FireDTV route allows you to access all encrypted channels but doesn't allow ordering of box office movies etc, nor do we yet have support for grabbing the Sky EPG data.

so i can record lots of channels with only one sat card. is it possible with mp?

At the moment, no but in the coming releases this will be possible.

You would also need a Dragon CAM in order for this to work with a Sky Digitial subscription card.

*** edit ***

The above information is confirmed and correct for Sky Digital in the UK, we currently have no information on how this works with the non-UK Sky services.

ammm

Portal Pro
January 3, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
there is also a plugin to use with original smart card and smartmouse
for sky italy...
ncecamemu....

jjnz1

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
RE: decoding satellite

Sooorrry, i forgot to mention that i live in New Zealand, does that make a difference to the sat card i buy? (fireDTV?)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hrmmmm, wouldn't like to say.

If the encryption system is NDS (as per Sky Italia & Sky Digital UK) then the above information *should* still apply but... :(.

Could be worth investigating ammm's suggestion further.

ammm

Portal Pro
January 3, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
Smirnoff said:
Hrmmmm, wouldn't like to say.

If the encryption system is NDS (as per Sky Italia & Sky Digital UK) then the above information *should* still apply but... :(.

Could be worth investigating ammm's suggestion further.

It's quite new, but it's tested!!!
sometime is referred as

ncecamemu

and sometimes as

ncemucam

you can find a few informations on dvbsoft and scaistar sites

jjnz1

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
Quote from "http://www.hooktech.co.nz/whats_new.htm"

.."And so for all this time they have dreamed that somewhere out there there is a CAM that will accept SKY NZ smart cards. But there isn't...... so far.

You see SKY NZ uses an encryption called NDS. And until recently there hasn't been a CAM for NDS. Now there is! But wait there is a catch.

The NDS CAM is manufactured in Europe and is used for some of the broadcasts over Europe. It was specifically designed for hotel situations that had SMATV systems built in, not for the average home user. So even if you manage to go to all the trouble of getting one of these CAMs, which would be very unlikely unless you own a hotel or at least a SMATV system, as you need to provide the serial number of the system you have, you then still have to get the broadcaster, in this case SKY NZ, to activate the card by matching it to the NDS CAM. And I betcha SKY NZ won't do that for you. Why?".....
"And besides that? No one seems to know yet whether that NDS CAM from Europe will even support the SKY NZ smart card version."

Is this a problem? do i need to register the serial number?

Skytv NZ uses 'Videoguard'

Robbick

October 18, 2005
Smirnuff said:
Hi and welcome -

twinhan DVB-s and a CI adapter so i can put my Sky Digital card in it

Its currently not possible with the Twinhan but is possible with Digital Everywhere's FireDTV S/CI BUT only with the as yet unreleased updated firmware and drivers - these should be released very soon.

The FireDTV route allows you to access all encrypted channels but doesn't allow ordering of box office movies etc, nor do we yet have support for grabbing the Sky EPG data.

so i can record lots of channels with only one sat card. is it possible with mp?

At the moment, no but in the coming releases this will be possible.

You would also need a Dragon CAM in order for this to work with a Sky Digitial subscription card.

*** edit ***

The above information is confirmed and correct for Sky Digital in the UK, we currently have no information on how this works with the non-UK Sky services.

So is it possible to build a MCE system with 2 satelite tuners receiving FreeSat from Sky. I live in the UK in an area where we can't get normal Freeview and I have to use Sky freeview service. BUT then that gives me lots of trouble when I start to consider building a HTPC around receiving Sky channels.

I don't like Sky but have no choice and don't want to buy a Sky+ box and in addition have to pay for the privilege of using it !!! :evil:

So I am looking for a solution :?:

DungeonMaster

November 10, 2005
Is ncemucam compatible with MediaPortal ?

I'm from Greece and the only way to see "Nova" (Irdeto 2 package) is with a payed card.
No problem with that, but I don't have fireDTV (yet) and if ncemucam can work with MP, it will be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom