Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

colossus-x

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I have only one tv tuner in my system. If a scheduled recording starts while I am watching another channel the picture freezes ( as if my system crashed ). No warning message - no ongoing recording icon on screen - no tuning to the currently recording channel - no dropping to the home screen, nothing .... Is this what's supposed to happen as it looks like a bug.

Also , while i'm at it, when I use the mini guide and select a channel the mini guide stays on the screen after the server tunes to the channel ? Is this what's supposed to happen as it looks like a bug.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Both bugs

1. If you are watching something then a sceduled recording starts and there is no free tuner then the client with the lowest priority will stop streaming tv, and that tuner will be used for the scheduled recording. I'm not sure if you get a pop up message or not (I think you get a message saying tuner is no longer available), however there should be no crashing involved.

2. The mini guide should dissappear when you select a channel

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Having just tested I can confirm the first issue. The second does not occur on my system. At least not on my client machine anyway.

Regarding the recordings clashes, this does not crash the system for me, it simply displays TV as if it were paused. You can still navigate and use MePo but you have to stop the video playback with the stop button as MePo appears to believe its still playing the stream.
    I agree this isn't very ideal at all considering there is no notification at all (or I didn't see one anyway) that there is a problem.

This is all from a client only install using RTSP.

Edit: Had a flick through the wiki, couldn't see any information regarding the default action for live tv streams when tuners suddenly become required for recordings. If it isn't a bug that it pauses, it should be a feature request! But I suspect something as obvious as this won't of taken until now to be thought of..
    I think there should be something already to handle this. Couldn't find much on the forum searching, but there was reference to a recordings clash option dialogue which I guess would work in these situations. ie there is a clash, either choose a recording to stop or watch one of the channels being recorded? Much like a Sky box. Maybe it is skin related. I am using Titan.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah thats the one I thought. If that does schedule conflict resolution, should it not say so? I leave that off as I'm not interested in knowing when a recording generally starts or stops. It doesn't mention that functionality in the wiki either. I will try it out and maybe add some more text to that page :) Thanks

colossus-x

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Just to be clear there is no ' crash ' , just a picture freeze. Am able to still navigate away from it. Just looks odd. A 'would you like to tune to currently recording channel' might be a good option to have here . And the thing with the mini guide I just installed streamedMP skin and the miniguide does clear when tuning to a channel. I should have said I was on 1.3.0 using default wide but pretty sure twas the same on previous versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom