Default Most Recent Photo collection first? (1 Viewer)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Not sure if this is possible, but the photo section seems to be counter-intuitive. Like everyone I know, I keep my photos all in one place, with a main directory then subdirectories for each photo "collection". By "collection", I mean a bunch of photos all dated around the same time, usually from the same occasion or thereabouts.

Basically, it's like the old days when you get a roll developed and get a parcel of photos. I think most people keep their digital photos this way.

So for example, I'll have

Photos
    photos\Christmas 2006
    photos\Christmas 2008
    photos\Party at Joe's

etc.

I would like, as a default, to enter the Pictures section of MP and simply have it display each folder just like I have it set up. BUT: I want it to show me the most recent folders first (reverse chronological).

Currently, it shows me the oldest collections first, and it drives me up the wall, because I've seen that same collecton a billion gazillion times and I'm so frickin' sick of seeing that same folder every time that I no longer want to even go into the Pictures area of MP. Plus, in order to get to the most recent, Ive got to scroll through 200 folders, which is slow as a dog because it's got to generate thumbnails. So I just can't be bothered.

I know there are discussions about generating thumbnaiils, but that's not my point.

Is there some way to have it show things the way I'm describing? I believe one of the problems is that the folder dates are usually no indication of the dates of the photos inside them, but I can remedy that some other way (undboutedly it's a common problem and someone's written a utility to update the folder with the date of the most recent photo Date-Taken attribute within it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom