default music view (1 Viewer)

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello all,
    I've just moved to MP 1.2.1 which I like very much. Trying to configure the MP I've a problem:
    I wish to set the default view of music section by folders. In MP 1.1.3 there weren't problem with that. Now I'm not able to set by default. I can change it once entered in the section.
    the default view is the artists in album.

thank you very much

Nick

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I thought it was as you say but, everytime I enter in the music section it shows me the Album's artists view.

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I tried many time to set folder as default view.. everytime I start MP, music starts with Album Artists...
    there's a way to "force" the default view?

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi jameson,
    thank you for your reply. I tried to do as you requested. you find 2 xml. the first (mediaportal.xml) is after I did the changes in MP. the second (mediaportal2.xml) is just after I restarted the HTPC.

thank you very much
    Nick

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
      46.6 KB
    • MediaPortal2.xml
      46.6 KB

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    some news: I've discovered that MP keeps every selection (top 100, ...) BUT the file view... and in MP configuration (under music view) I cannot see the file view...

Nick

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the same problem on both my HTPC and client - I don't like the Album Artist list view but I can't sop it loading as the default view :mad: I would prefer Album - Coverflow - is there a way to set this? It seems strange that setting the default view isn't an option in the Music setup section of MP Config (or am I the only one that thinks that??)

Cheers

Bleazle

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same problem on both my HTPC and client - I don't like the Album Artist list view but I can't sop it loading as the default view :mad: I would prefer Album - Coverflow - is there a way to set this? It seems strange that setting the default view isn't an option in the Music setup section of MP Config (or am I the only one that thinks that??)

Cheers

Bleazle
    I simply cannot replicate this. If I leave music section in shares view them next time I open it I get taken there. If I leave it in one of the database views I also get taken to that view.

When you are talking about lists vs cover flow layout, this is controlled via the view definitions in the config app for database views and set of a folder by folder basis in shares view.

One thing I did think is that skins can hyperlink to a specific view. I presume this happens for you in different skins?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK I see the problem but I can not figure out how this can of happened...

In the XML files above you have
    Code:
        <entry name="startWindow">504</entry>
        <entry name="startview"></entry>

So the window ID is getting set correctly (504 is database, 501 is shares) but the view name is not set to anything (which causes the code to default to the first one in the list). I have been through the code and do not see where it is possible to do this...

Could you try opening your language file, look for the relevant file in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language
    Find string 135
    Code:
    <String id="135">Genres</String>
    and copy the actual string as shown into the startview element of mediaportal.xml as shown above (making sure the startWindow element is set to 504).

When you open the music section it should then take you to the genres database view. Can you please try this and see if that works. If it does can you try changing the view and see if that becomes the new startview in mediaportal.xml (you will need to close MP for it to update the file)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom