[Usability] Default my videos screen (1 Viewer)

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Currently when you enter my videos and the shared folders are shown, if you then select a share folder such as videos1, if you then press the home button and then select my videos again it will show the contents of videos1

In this case I would expect the shared folders being shown again.

Is it possible to change the behaviour, or perhaps make it so that you can pass a variable on the my videos button to show the shared folders as default - overriding the default of showing the last viewed folder

Thanks
    Ian

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi

Currently when you enter my videos and the shared folders are shown, if you then select a share folder such as videos1, if you then press the home button and then select my videos again it will show the contents of videos1

In this case I would expect the shared folders being shown again.

Is it possible to change the behaviour, or perhaps make it so that you can pass a variable on the my videos button to show the shared folders as default - overriding the default of showing the last viewed folder

Thanks
    Ian

Make sure the remember last used folder is UNCHECKED.

Cheers,
    Colin

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      58.4 KB

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Has no effect on folder history.

That is used to remember the position of where you were in the folder, if you scroll down and view an item, that option when ticked remembers how far down you were when you next go back

(That option is unticked on my setup btw)

What I mean is say in your screen shot you only have my videos, if you had a second folder called Christmas videos then...

If you selected videos from basic home it would show the shares screen with my videos and Christmas videos listed (along with the cd drive). If you then select Christmas videos the videos in Christmas videos folder are shown.

Now press the home button and select videos from basic home, it will go back to the Christmas videos view, I'd expect the shared view to be shown in this scenario showing the cd drive, my videos and Christmas videos folders

This is a waf issue :) I would know to just press the back button, the waf would be wondering where on earth her videos are lol

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Has no effect on folder history.

That is used to remember the position of where you were in the folder, if you a scroll down and view an item, that option when ticked remembers how far down you were when you next go back

ah ok, apologies. Just assumed it must be that setting ;0) Would be more logical if it remembered the folder rather than the position within a folder. I think position within a folder should be assumed by default

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    This will be easy to implement in MyVids (at least I know how and where to do that there, history will be reset when new screen do not belong to any MyVideos screen + video playback screen ) but it will require another +1 setting in configuration because some users would not like that.

And we're ending here in closed circle between users who want easy and light configuration without to worry on anything, and another sort (where I belong also :)) who wants to have under their hands every tiny little bit of MP customization which will satisfy their need. Concerning me, I don't have any objection to implement this for 1.4.0 but Mp Team have a final word because they are allergic now for any new setting :) which devs want to implement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom