[WiP] DefaultWide for MP 1.7 with BasicHome Editor (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    with MP 1.7 we introduced an enhanced handling of skin expressions/skin settings which allow us to incorporate a GUI-based BasicHome Editor.
    The attached ZIP file contains the DefaultWide skin with this BasicHome Editor implemented.
    You now are able to define the five main buttons as well as five submenu buttons for every button, giving you access to 25 plugins directly from BasicHome.
    In this edition, I removed the hidden menu on BasicHome and also changed the Classic Home menu to a vertical one with big hover images:

11-07-19.jpg

Furthermore I added the latest media info for Moving Pictures and TV Series and introduced a new standard background/splashscreen.
    The default layout of the buttons and submenus are a bit random, but you can change them easily with the new BasicHome Editor ;)

How it works

First of all go to Pictures Button, then select the submenu item "Settings GUI":

10-45-08.jpg

Choose "Skin":

10-45-17.jpg

Go right to the button BasicHome Editor and click OK:

10-45-23.jpg 10-45-30.jpg

The BasicHome Editor is shown:

10-45-35.jpg

Here you can change the five Main buttons (left side) or the submenu button for every of the five main buttons. The screenshots below show some actions like changing a button in the TV section to display TV Series. Changing a button is easy: Just move to the button to be changed, click OK, select the desired plugin from the list and you´re done ;)
    If you want to leave a submenu button blank, just choose "NoPlugin". NOTE: You should set the "NoPlugin" only to the end of the selected submenu ;)

10-45-35.jpg 10-45-44.jpg 10-45-51.jpg 10-47-56.jpg 10-48-05.jpg 10-48-12.jpg 10-48-22.jpg

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you set a button anywhere to access the settings menu, because of the removed hidden menu you would have no other access than changing to Classic Home and then scroll for Settings ;)

Just copy the content of the ZIP file into your skin directory - you won´t spoil your original DefaultWide, because this one is named DefaultWide MP1.7. Then go into MP Config -> GUI and select DefaultWide MP1.7 as your skin, restart MP and enjoy :p

That´s all, happy testing and experimenting ;)

PS: This version comes with a lot of plugin support :p

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I used the previous version. Which files do I need to copy, to restore my homescreen?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Skin.Settings.xml - but watch out - if you haven´t any settings in the submenu/main buttons, you´ll have to take the long way via classic home to access settings ;)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi catavolt,

I found that the RSS button works for InfoService (thanks), but TuneIn did not connect to RadioTime, just returned to BasicHome Menu.

Problem with Weather and selecting sub menu with NoPlugin placed in last slot... cannot enter sub menu if there is no button directly below home button.

Is there some xml where button names can be changed?

Thanks.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yup, there are still some navigation issues - best to set the <ondown> from each main button to the first item of the submenu buttons ;)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    on Basic Home, under TV menu button; last sub-menu button (#5) is always blank, even if a plugin is placed there in editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom