Define which location a scheduled program records to (1 Viewer)

geoffw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi

I just got a new SSD drive for my primary partition.

I've got a 20-30 GB spare capacity which i would like to use for frequent TV recording only.

My recording habits are mostly daily news and current affairs, which often broadcast concurrently with playback - this means my non SSD HDD is a very busy beaver between 6pm and 8pm, often recording 2 streams and playing 1 simultaniously.

Given that I only keep 1 episode of news / current affairs, is seems that if i could somehow specify that these programs record to SSD, and the rest of my schedules which are have many retained episodes but rarely concurrent, record to the bigger HDD- this would be quite an elegant solution and reduce jitter during peak hours, as well as keep the lazy HDDs idle for the bulk of my daily routine recordings.

Cheers, Geoff.

MP 1.2.3

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Geoff

I'm not certain what the conventional wisdom is when it comes to SSDs, however I thought heavy use can have practical implications for lifetime/durability?
    In other words, I wouldn't have thought it would be recommended to use an SSD for timeshifting or recording.
    For timeshifting performance people tend to use RAM drives:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/TV-Server/Ramdisk_for_Timeshifting

In any case, what you're asking for is not possible as far as I'm aware. Each tuner can have its own recording and timeshifting folders, but it is not possible to set these per-channel, per-recording, or per-schedule.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom