Deinterlace BOB works very good, but UNSTABLE (1 Viewer)

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-07-16)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
CPU Type: Mobile AMD Athlon XP - 1.6GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: nVidia-nForce2 Ultra 400
TV Card Model: WinFast PVR2000
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: November 2005
Video Card Model: Radeon 9550 (omega 2.6.75a) (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: Omega 5.10a
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: Januar 2006
Synopsis::

I tried every possibility to get a good tv- picture (analogue cable - Hardware tv-card). When I tried Deinterlace BOB everthing was very good. A nice, sharp picture, even if the camera swivels from one side to another. Even when watching Bloomberg, the scrolling text is clear and readable.

But nevertheless, after some time (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours), the picture begins to tremble and is sometimes jerky. Then, every move on the tv is a pain. You cant watch it.
The most stable (for the longest time) picture I had with Dscaler.

What can I do? Does deinterlacing works for you all stable?

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
I use bob deinterlacing with MPs built in and default mpeg2dec decoder.
I have no problems. I tried lots of codecs and lots of deinterlacing modes. But, on an interlaced display (PC->CRT TV) bob deinterlacing is just perfect and very cheap. I've not experienced the problems you are describing.
Have you considered selecting exclusive dx in the setup. Also, ensure you haven't forced vsync off in you driver. Try forcing it on, if that option exists anywhere in your driver config.
Good luck.
BigJ.

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for your answer.
Yesterday I tried the nvidia codec with v-sync on and exclusive dx enabled. There was no tremble, but the picture was jerky. Every 2 seconds there was a "jump" in the picture.
Then I tried the standard mpg2dec with v-snyc and exclusive dx enabled. So far it seems to be the most stable picture. I will test it for some days and give you an answer.

BTW:
Everyone test their CPU-usage when viewing live-tv or movies. But how do I do that? When I press Ctrl+Strg+Del while watching tv nothing happens. The taskmanager-window disappears in the background. No chance to see the result.
Is there a plugin to show the cpu-usage via OSD ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom