Delay between hearing sound and seeing video when loading ISO (1 Viewer)

pmwolf

Portal Pro
July 30, 2010
Hi all

I got an interesting problem on one of my MP set up. When I select an ISO to load using MovingPictures. I hear the sound a few seconds before I see the image. However when I select the same ISO from the video folder it starts up without the delay.

I am using MP 1.7.0
Moving Pictures is 1.7.2.1582

Any help would be great

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Any help would be great

1. The ISO is getting streamed from: "\\Awol-10\nas12\MISC\DOGMA.iso", but did your NAS have to wake up/etc?
    2. What is the performance of your network?
    3. Daemon Tools Lite is being used to do the ISO mounting, try Virtual CloneDrive to see if that works better.
    4. LAV is being used as codec, verify you got the latest version and that it is configured correctly for your system.
    5. You got a ton of failing import threads happening for missing artwork in the background during playback. Wait till they complete before you start playback to see if they are conflicting, and if they are adjust settings or solve the conflicts.
    6. Disable MediaPortal thumbnail generation if it only happens on first time playback.

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    Any help would be great

1. The ISO is getting streamed from: "\\Awol-10\nas12\MISC\DOGMA.iso", but did your NAS have to wake up/etc?
    2. What is the performance of your network?
    3. Daemon Tools Lite is being used to do the ISO mounting, try Virtual CloneDrive to see if that works better.
    4. LAV is being used as codec, verify you got the latest version and that it is configured correctly for your system.
    5. You got a ton of failing import threads happening for missing artwork in the background during playback. Wait till they complete before you start playback to see if they are conflicting, and if they are adjust settings or solve the conflicts.
    6. Disable MediaPortal thumbnail generation if it only happens on first time playback.
    1. The NAS does not have to wake up
    2. The network is set up for 1.0 Gbps using CAT 6 network cables
    3. I have tried both I switched over to Daemon to see if that would fix the problem
    4. As far as I can tell it is set up correctly
    5. I have waited before and it did not seem to make a diffrence
    6. Tried that and it did not help and it is every time I load and ISO not just the first time
    It started doing this once I upgraded to MP 1.7 and the latest version of Moving Pictures

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It started doing this once I upgraded to MP 1.7 and the latest version of Moving Pictures

Upgrading both of those changed a whole lot of things at once, so it will be hard to pin the source down.

At least you verified it works via MyVideos, so hopefully by comparing the 'works' and 'fails' log files, somebody will be able to help you figure it out. Perhaps @ltfearme has an idea. If you can provide the 'works' log files, then a comparison will be easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom