[other] Delayed Response at set interval for both MP and Config (1 Viewer)

TheGlassjaw

Portal Member
May 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using the 1.1.0 BETA 1 installation on a Win 7 x64 box, while either in the GUI or Configuration, there is a short period of time where the interface becomes unresponsive. This occurs at set intervals, roughly every 10 seconds or so. The effect is most visible while watching the scrolling text (such as movies with very long titles or the ticker at the bottom of the StreamedMP home screen). You will see the text scrolling smoothly for about 10 seconds, then it pauses for a moment (1-2 seconds) and then continues scrolling again. It is also noticed when browsing through the movie list. If I steadily move up or down the list, every 10 seconds or so, the screen stops responding to my input and then continues again after the brief pause. Lastly, this also occurs in the MP Config screen. So if I'm moving around the plug-ins section, let's say, I will be able to click around for 10 seconds, then the config screen becomes unresponsive for 1-2 seconds and then goes back to normal again. I don't notice any interruption in video playback at all. I also went ahead and looked at my CPU usage and there was no variation in utilization before, during, or after the issue occurs. It's definitely not my PC (core 2 duo w/ 4gb ram), as this does not occur for any other software. I checked the MP logs in debug mode and nothing specifically caught my eye, but here they are regardless...

TheGlassjaw

Portal Member
May 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I think I found the answer to my own problem. Seems that for some reason my server was off and MP was trying to resolve the server name (familyroom) every 10 seconds or so. Once I restarted the server box, the issue was alleviated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom