Delayed Watcher? (1 Viewer)

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Still trying to get movies to import without having to restart MP.

I get nothing happens while the file is locked... but as you see in the log, It's over an hour, and Moving Pictures still thinks the file is locked. Trust me.. it isn't. And only restarting MP does Moving Pictures re-detect.

Is there a way to increase the delay in the watcher? Is this a bug? I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. Any thoughts?

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Upon further research, while still in MP and while still getting "Delayed *** reason- 'File is locked', I went into explorer, physically deleted the file (wasn't locked obviously) and simply undo the delete, and immediately, Moving Pictures detected it.

Is it possible Moving Pictures is locking the file before the file is done "extracting"?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i think the unpack/rename (i assume this is sabnzbd by the look of the filename) throws the importer off guard and it isn't looking at the correct file anymore (or correct directory in this case). I should be able to duplicate this and i will investigate. I avoid this myself by not having the unpack/rename thing happen inside a watched folder but moving the file into the watch folder once that's done :)

edit: i think we just cracked the case of the mysterious locked files ;)
    edit: added fix if all goes well this will make it into next release

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Awesome.

I've done a bit of digging too. I'm no programmer, so I'm limited in what info I can provide. You're right regarding SABnzbd locking "unpacking" folders and then seems to lock on that even after the folder is complete.

That said, I think it's a combination of factors. In SAB, in enable movie sorting, I added a preset "sort string" (why I didn't have that set already, No idea. My bad).

That solved it.

It also works over a network connection.

Not sure if that helps you in debugging... but in case anyone else (and I've read a few posts) experience this, hopefully this will help them too.

In the Log it's still showing it trying to access the old "unpack" folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom