Deleting duplicate titles question (1 Viewer)

ny888

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I start off with Movie X in DVD, then add the same movie in HD.

When I delete the DVD version, it gets rid of all of the thumbnails as well so that the HD entry now has no thumbnails. Am I doing this right? Is there a way to get the artwork back?

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    I am currently trying to work otu my own solution for this issue...

In not the next version but the one after (version 0.8) there will be the final solution for this issue by introducing shares like in MyVideos.

However, for the time being this is what I plan to do for this issue.

Keep my movies in seperate directories, ie. E:\Movies & E:\Movies-HD

However, any standard movies that are also in Movies-HD, I am going to put in a seperate additional directory and not include them in the MP database. Ie. E:\Movies-Backupcopys or whatever.

I hope this makes sense.. it is the only real solution for the time being, before the shares mode is added.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I start off with Movie X in DVD, then add the same movie in HD.

When I delete the DVD version, it gets rid of all of the thumbnails as well so that the HD entry now has no thumbnails. Am I doing this right? Is there a way to get the artwork back?

Spaldo is right, there is no real solution for properly managing multiple versions of the same movie right now. Your issue with the artwork though is sort of a known issue. Both versions of the movie in your database are using the same artwork, so when you delete one movie, it removes the artwork as well (indirectly removing the artwork for the second movie). We are planning on revamping the internals of the artwork management system for 0.8, and we will address this then. I added a comment in the issue for the revamp, to make sure this does not get overlooked.

For what it's worth though, when you restart MediaPortal, Moving Pictures will grab new artwork for any movies currently missing artwork. So the issue should resolve itself when you exit the config and enter MediaPortal (or reenter the config). So this is probably already resolved for you... but for the edification of everyone else...

neelamsaxena

December 3, 2010
    Home Country
    India India
    I ran into a problem of duplicate files and someone told me about [url="http://www.dublicateFilesDeleter.com]www.dublicateFilesDeleter.com[/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom