[fixed] Deleting single episode in daily recording series does not change EPG Record Status (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you have a daily recording set up and try to delete a single day's schedule (i.e. not deleting the entire schedule) the scheduled recording is correctly deleted, but the EPG recording status does not clear and the programme is still highlighted as set to record when viewed in the EPG.

Steps to re-create:

1 - Run MP
    2 - Go to TV Guide
    3 - Click OK when desired programme is highlighted
    4 - Select Advance Record
    5 - Select "Record Every Day at This Time" (note, the same is true for weekly recordings, but more difficult to show if you only have a 7 day EPG)
    6 - Navigate to a day in the future (say 4 days ahead), highlight the programme you have just setup to record as part of the daily schedule and click OK
    7 - Click OK on the programme and then select "Cancel This Show"
    8 - Check the Scheduled Recordings, you will find that this episode has been removed (correctly)
    9 - Check the EPG for the episode and it will show as still set to record.

However, if you attempt to cancel the next episode set to record (from the same series), then cancelling a single show DOES work. For example. If it is 20:00 on Thursday and you set a schedule for a daily record at 21:00-21:30. If you delete individual shows in the sequence - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - then the EPG status does change correctly. However if you delete individual shows in the sequence - Monday, Sunday, Saturday, Friday, Thursday - then only the Thursday show will be handled correctly.

Deleting the Entire Schedule correctly deletes the schedules and changes the EPG record status for all individual shows.

Clean logs attached for the steps 1 to 9 as above, collected using a single seat setup.

Robbo100

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: X-Factor
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E7400
    HDD: 700 GB on 2 drives (3 volumes) locally with 1GB FreeNAS
    Memory: 2 GB DDR2
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L
    Video Card: NVIDIA 9400GT
    Video Card Driver: NVIDIA 195.81
    Sound Card: Onboard REALTEK
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF Optical Out
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle 300i
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest
    2. TV Card: Compro Videomate S350
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: Latest
    3. TV Card: Hauppague WinTV HD S2
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    3. TV Card Driver: Latest
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 10
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 10
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: UK Freesat
    HTPC Case: Bog standard PC case with wires running through the wall to lounge
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Cyberlink cheapo
    TV: LG 47LE5300 LCD LED
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Attachments

• Can not deltet individual episode.zip
      45.8 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Re: Deleting single episode in daily recording series does not change EPG Record Stat

Hi,

It seems to me, based on testing, that if the program you are cancelling has exactly the same start time and duration as the one you used to set the schedule (so that it is a solid red block in the EPG) then cancelling it updates the EPG correctly.

But if the EPG entry has the red/blue split to indicate that part of each program will record, then the highlighting is not removed.

I think this underlines a more general issue.

If you set a 'every day at this time' schedule, and for tomorrow this spans two programs, then you seem to have two schedules (according to the way this is handled from the EPG/program info and scheduled screens, where you can cancel the individual sections of the program).

So, what actually happens with a recording/pre/post record time in this situation (I am going to test)? Does it create two recordings, both with the default pre/post record time, or does it create a single recording, presumably named from the first program?

If you could confirm that this only ever happens with the partial shaded EPG entries, it would help.

Thanks,

Mark

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Re: Deleting single episode in daily recording series does not change EPG Record Stat

If you could confirm that this only ever happens with the partial shaded EPG entries, it would help.

It happens on BOTH partially shaded and fully shaded EPG entries. However, I don't know if it only happens if partially shaded entries exits in the list of schedules. I shall continue to test.

The test I provided above with the logs, was an attempt at cancelling an entry for fully shaded!

Rob

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

It happens on BOTH partially shaded and fully shaded EPG entries. However, I don't know if it only happens if partially shaded entries exits in the list of schedules. I shall continue to test.

The test I provided above with the logs, was an attempt at cancelling an entry for fully shaded!

Rob

Thanks. In my case whenever the entry has been fully shaded, the shading was correctly removed as soon as the schedule was cancelled. Clearly this is a complex issue.

Mark

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country

Mark,

Please let me know if there is any specific testing you wish me to do to help diagnose the issues (for example, if you want me to video the screen to go with the logs, or provide screen-shots).

Thanks

Rob

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country

This bug hasn't been added to Mantis yet. Is a new bug going to be created, or is it being delt with within 3594?

Robbo100

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

This bug hasn't been added to Mantis yet. Is a new bug going to be created, or is it being delt with within 3594?

Robbo100

Hi,

It is all being dealt with. I think we want to get one issue out of the way first.

Best wishes,

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Hi,

For information, this (and the various related issues) is almost fixed. I have tested a patch that now has only one minor issue, so hopefully this can be fully resolved very soon now.

Thanks to jameson_uk for doing the actual fixing.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Hi,

These problems (hopefully all issues relating to this) are now fixed in latest (28032) SVN.

Thanks to jameson_uk for doing all the hard work.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom