Descrambling of channels stops working (1 Viewer)

joaroyen

August 2, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Actually, I didn't set anything. The application is only used to view the information on the smart card (subscription status etc.), and I don't have any explanation of why it works. Maybe it "opens" the communication with the card?

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I too suffer this problem. I have a Floppy DTV-S/CI with the latest firmware and drivers.

It has only happened after moving (from memory) from RC1 to RC2.

Please note there are no 'changable' parameters in my CAM. IRDETO security is pretty tight in Australia so there's no access to any settings.

Also,

My payTV provider here in Australia (SelectTV) rotates their IRDETO keys every 24hrs or so; thus I leave my system on 24x7. I feel this may be relevant as this is not a hibernate/standby thing or an issue with the CAM/CARD not being initialised.

I have had numerous instances when 'Channel is scrambled' has popped up whilst my system is idle (MP home screen) and the only activity happening would be the background EPG grabber task hitting the pay channels.

I run the Floppy DTV CI tool constantly, so this should not be a cause either.

Finally,

When the problem occurs, it can be overcome by attempting to tune to a paytv channel over and over.. after about 5 attempts I generally get a picture and the problem disappears.. till next time.

Hope this helps!

Happy to produce traces although I suspect they will be just like everyone else's. Please let me know if there's something specific you'd like me to do to help out. I can't quote which 'post RC2' SVN I'm on as I'm at work at the moment but will update this post later with the details.

Thanks
    erosco :confused:

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I would suggest that you try with the latest test build of TV Server from SVN.

Clean all your logs using MediaPortalLogsCollector, then use SetupTv.exe and under "Manual Control" you will be able to stop/start a program as well as switch to another(if you start one channel, then select a different channel in the dropdown and press start again).

After you have reproduced the problem, use MediaPortalLogsCollector to gather all the log files and submit them.

Roy

Portal Member
    January 29, 2007
    Bergen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have had numerous instances when 'Channel is scrambled' has popped up whilst my system is idle (MP home screen) and the only activity happening would be the background EPG grabber task hitting the pay channels.

Do you have this problem using MediaPortal even when don't have the EPG grabber task turned on? Experimenting with the 'Manual control' as blaudden suggests is probably a good idea.

(FYI, I use RC2 with FloppyDTV-S2. Haven't had a single problem since I started having the CI running in the background 3+ weeks ago.)

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    ok ... :)

Updated both TVServer and MP to latest RC2 svn - 29372.

Rescanned my satellite providers channels (SelectTV on Panamsat 8).

Try to tune to any encrypted channel and receive channel is scrambled.

TV Server logs attached.

*NOTE* Since SVN update and rescan now I can never tune to an encrypted channel !!!

Also, CI is running.

Also, If I run the FireDTV Viewer I can view all of these channels without an issue (i.e. card and cam are working fine).

You earliest assistance would be appreciated :-0 as I don't have long before the wife finds out no sat channels work anymore.

Thanks
    erosco

:eek:

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok, Please ignore my previous post - I found by reading the posts under this latest SVN that we now need to 'enable' the CAM under the TV-Server TV-Card configuration.. this was my problem.

Now I'm away.

Thanks
    erosco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom