Desktop shortcut for moving pictures config (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Anyone know how to create a shortcut for Moving Pictures config under Windows 7 64bit so that I don't have to enter the plugins bit each time I wanna update the film collection. I did have a shortcut a while ago and for some reason its gone and I can't remember where I had it pointed to.

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I created "PluginLoader - MovingPictures.cmd" which is 32/64-bit aware and ensures MediaPortal is not still running as that could lead to serious database corruptions. It relies on the "PluginConfigLoader.exe" tool to do the actual laundhing of the plugin config screen.

You might already have this tool, but if not it is included within the ZIP file I created @ https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ader-exe-fixed-crash-on-64-bit-windows.75589/

You can simply copy-and-edit the file for any other plugin you edit a lot, just be aware that some plugins do not properly save the configuration changes then as they rely on the MediaPortal cofiguration to do that. So just trial-and-error those plugins if you prefer to enter them direct as well. I do a lot of my HTPC configuration via concurrent RDP and MediaPortal cofiguration takes ages to launch due to some weird layered GUI buildup that takes almost a full minute to launch, so my desktop is littered with shortcuts to make my life easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom