Detailed Instructions for ISO in MP (1 Viewer)

Desideratum

September 13, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: X-Face
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel Core i7 920
HDD: Western Digital 640GB
Memory: OCZ Gold 6GB
Motherboard: Asus P6T SE
Video Card: ATi HD4850
Video Card Driver: Driver Packaging Version 8.632-090702a-084684C-ATI
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D1
Cooling: Xigmatek Dark Knight
Power Supply: Corsair HX620
TV: Sony Bravia KDL52V5100
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I'm having trouble viewing ISO in Media Portal. I checked to see in the configuration that ISO is added as a supported format. Also, I read that people said you need Daemon Tools (I have Daemon Tools Lite) and that you have to configure Media Portal to use Daemon Tools as the virtual drive (I'm assuming under the General > Virtual Drive tab) and to auto-mount the image. I did all this already, but when I try to view it in Media Portal, it still says "Sorry, failed to mount image". Not really sure how to fix this.

Also, I think I may be having an audio problem in Media Portal as the main dialogue is muted/faint, whereas all the other sounds are fine. I'm thinking it's because I'm using 5.1 surround sound but Media Portal is outputting the sound via 2 speakers only or something? Is there some way to fix this, or is something else wrong? When I view the ISO in PDVD8, the sounds are spot on so I'm pretty sure it's not the ISO being the problem.

Can anyone provide pretty detailed explanations on doing this (viewing ISO in MP, as well as fixing the audio problem) as I am not really familiar with all of this yet so I get lost easily. :oops:

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom